It's not talked about enough

BeattieFeathers

Owen Williams may be a one and doner. This guy is a freak and will be a starter very soon. It's been years since we have a d tackle with his explosiveness.
Also our o line will improve as the season progresses. I'm seeng 7 or maybe 8 wins.

Owen Williams may be a one and doner. This guy is a freak and will be a starter very soon. It's been years since we have a d tackle with his explosiveness.
Also our o line will improve as the season progresses. I'm seeng 7 or maybe 8 wins.

Only true physical freaks go one and done. Williams has been good. Really good, but that good? Nah.

Remember, it takes a LOT to get drafted high. Jucos that go one and done are not common.

Reactions: 2 people
Owen Williams has been solid, hopefully he'll continue to improve but to call him a one and done is a stretch

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, we all know that guys like CP are a dima a dozen. In fact, I think Bleacher Report recently published a statistic that something like 99% of Juco guys get drafted in the first round every year. True story.
I am saying that CP is that rare physical freak who could do it. Mo Couch, on the other hand......

CP is an athletic freak with unreal explosiveness. Not many players fit in that category.

Owen has been good and will only get better. Hes not a one and done though. Just bc CP came to UT for 1 season doesnt mean every JUCO we sign will do the same.

He good, but I dont think hes goid enough to go high in the draft this yr. A good showing next yr and hes possibly got a good chance of playing on Sundays.

So he's gonna pull a Sentimore on us?

Sentimore is the poster child for D-line players to not leave early unless they are can't miss first rounders. Read a good article recently with Sentimore talking about how big a mistake he made and wish he would have got his degree while he could. Just don't see Owen Williams trying to leave early.

I do wonder about Von Pearson though since if he stays for his senior season he will be 25 y/o by the time he is drafted. Not sure if age would be a factor or not.

Reactions: 1 person
Props to Owen. Watched the game again last night I was surprised with his effort and quickness. On another note Barnett is one of the best I have seen with his vision. Will look be. locked up even double teamed and will reach out and impact the play. Gotta good one.

Owen is playing very well, leads team in sacks with 2, is our 9th leading tackler as a backup at DT. He's been very productive and really showed excellent ability vs Arky St.

But 1 and done? Can't quite see that at this point and I hope we don't. He's undersized and hasn't started ahead of a converted DE and what most on here think has thus far been an underachieving 4star recruit (OBrien). Hope he blows up for the rest of the season, hangs around and exhausts his full eligibility, becomes all SEC and all American next and then goes to represent the program in the league.

Only true physical freaks go one and done. Williams has been good. Really good, but that good? Nah.

Remember, it takes a LOT to get drafted high. Jucos that go one and done are not common.

Exactly... You really don't early to the pros unless you should be a top 3 round pic or unless your family is hurting financially..

CP left early for a number of reasons besides just the fact he was a beast and could.

1) Grades
2) New coaching staff
3) Bray and others were leaving and he knew 2013 would be a difficult year for the offense.

William's draft stock will only improve if he stays and the team will be better next year. So totally different situation IMO.

Something to consider.. Is he playing better than McCullers or Couch after their first 3 years? Both played well but were not dominate. Is he dominate? Good but not Great to this point

VN Store

Back