Coach Bajakian on Worley:

CarbonVol

"We can't turn the ball over in three critical situations," Bajakian said. "... But again, he's playing with a toughness and a look in his eye that I've never seen in the past out of him. He's been able to bounce back and move on and use what we call a snap-and-clear mentality."

Bajakian was asked why Worley doesn't run more and if he's been told not to keep the ball when the Vols run the zone read option.

"Not at all," Bajakian said. "In our zone read concepts, he's got the green light to pull the ball whenever he sees fit. There were probably two opportunities against Oklahoma when I thought he should have. A lot of times, that's a judgment call. I told him, ‘When in doubt, hand it out.' But there are certain times where it's ‘you should've pulled it because it ended up a zero-yard gain or a negative play. Over the course of the season, I think he's done a decent job."

The Vols have a bye week before travelling to No. 13 Georgia on Sept. 27 for a noon game that will be televised on ESPN. Bajakian said the bye week comes at a good time. However, he played coy when asked about injuries to wide receivers Von Pearson and Josh Smith and how the bye week might help their recovery.

"In case Georgia's watching on TV, I'm going to say they're all going to be back," Bajakian said. "One hundred percent."

Reactions: 2 people
"We can't turn the ball over in three critical situations," Bajakian said. "... But again, he's playing with a toughness and a look in his eye that I've never seen in the past out of him. He's been able to bounce back and move on and use what we call a snap-and-clear mentality."

Bajakian was asked why Worley doesn't run more and if he's been told not to keep the ball when the Vols run the zone read option.

"Not at all," Bajakian said. "In our zone read concepts, he's got the green light to pull the ball whenever he sees fit. There were probably two opportunities against Oklahoma when I thought he should have. A lot of times, that's a judgment call. I told him, ‘When in doubt, hand it out.' But there are certain times where it's ‘you should've pulled it because it ended up a zero-yard gain or a negative play. Over the course of the season, I think he's done a decent job."

The Vols have a bye week before travelling to No. 13 Georgia on Sept. 27 for a noon game that will be televised on ESPN. Bajakian said the bye week comes at a good time. However, he played coy when asked about injuries to wide receivers Von Pearson and Josh Smith and how the bye week might help their recovery.

"In case Georgia's watching on TV, I'm going to say they're all going to be back," Bajakian said. "One hundred percent."

Hahah- love that bolded part.

Reactions: 9 people
Ya me too I thought that was funny, they are always too serious about keeping the injuries hush hush.

There's not one fan on this board that could withstand the adrian peterson-like beatdown Worley took AND still perform at that level... ****ing heroic in my book.

Reactions: 42 people
What BAJAKIEN should have said. In that 3rd and 2 at 4. Totally my fault. Even if we still throw on that down. I'm retarded for not lining a running back up to give defense something else to think about and Worley a safety valve so doesn't have to force a throw. And most importantly I should always run the ball in that situation. Shame on me for that knockout blow I caused our team that Justin would be blamed for.

Reactions: 31 people
Every person I know and respect in terms of football knowledge have told me Mike Bajakian is top notch. Again, I understand the frustration with the read option sometimes with Worley at center, but you can't turn an apple into an orange. This staff has thrived off this style offense for 6+ years now. They aren't going to change it, they simply will just recruit better players for it. Wolf getting injured really hurt us too. When Wolf is in the game we are a totally different team. He's the best run blocker on our team, and he's also our best pass catching TE. When Wolf went down we saw the old offense of last year in the OK game. This team needs a TE threat for this system.

Reactions: 11 people
Bajak should figure out a rhythm to calling plays before he critiques someone who gave their all for the VOLs

Reactions: 4 people
Every person I know and respect in terms of football knowledge have told me Mike Bajakian is top notch. Again, I understand the frustration with the read option sometimes with Worley at center, but you can't turn an apple into an orange. This staff has thrived off this style offense for 6+ years now. They aren't going to change it, they simply will just recruit better players for it. Wolf getting injured really hurt us too. When Wolf is in the game we are a totally different team. He's the best run blocker on our team, and he's also our best pass catching TE. When Wolf went down we saw the old offense of last year in the OK game. This team needs a TE threat for this system.

It's a damn shame that smart posts like this can't be stickied for our entire fanbase to read.

Reactions: 1 person
That was one of the worst beatings I have ever seen in a college football game, and he kept getting up...unreal!:loco:

GO VOLS!

I finally was able to watch the replay of the OU game tonight on my DVR. I don't know about you guys but Worley took so many hits and played his guts out Saturday night. Yes, he had a fumble that was from the blind side but still. He have his all for us on Saturday night and I wasn't sure he wasn't gonna get back up after his head rocked off the turf. I have been a Worley hater from day one but just wanted to say thank you for standing in the pocket and taking each and every hit for us vol fans.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't know why so many people are so adamant that we should have run on that fateful 3rd and 2. I can definitely buy that we should have had a RB back there, but to be so adamant that we should have run it when our OL was getting obliterated the entire game doesn't make much sense to me. I didn't see anything prior to that that suggested that was a situation where we line up and say, "Our line is going to beat your line for the first down right here". Maybe it's just me though.

Reactions: 5 people

How about you not call a 3WR/4WR set on the 2 yard line Bajakian! Don't blame that play on Worley.

Reactions: 7 people
What BAJAKIEN should have said. In that 3rd and 2 at 4. Totally my fault. Even if we still throw on that down. I'm retarded for not lining a running back up to give defense something else to think about and Worley a safety valve so doesn't have to force a throw. And most importantly I should always run the ball in that situation. Shame on me for that knockout blow I caused our team that Justin would be blamed for.

Nonsense. That's why he's making tons of money coaching. Players have to execute.

Reactions: 2 people
How about you not call a 3WR/4WR set on the 2 yard line Bajakian! Don't blame that play on Worley.

Worley made the decision to throw over the middle. It looked like he had a TE coming open, but Worley didn't have much time look around. But he could have thrown it out of the endzone rather than throw into tight coverage. And it's a game of inches. Throw the ball 6 inches to the left and it is doubtful the LB gets his hand on the ball and it's a TD.

Wolf getting injured really hurt us too. When Wolf is in the game we are a totally different team. He's the best run blocker on our team, and he's also our best pass catching TE. When Wolf went down we saw the old offense of last year in the OK game. This team needs a TE threat for this system.

The TE in this type of offense is very critical and Wolf is going to be the 2nd coming of Jason Witten if he can stay healthy. If Wolf is back by the Georgia game....going to be interesting. Wolf and VP are back by the Georgia game.....OH BOY!

If Worley gets King, Croom is my new god.

Yeah love Croomster but with his size and strength he should be dominating suckers left and right....that INT in the endzone....should've been a TD with one hand and a pimp smack on Sanchez's grill with the other!

Reactions: 5 people
Yeah love Croomster but with his size and strength he should be dominating suckers left and right....that INT in the endzone....should've been a TD with one hand and a pimp smack on Sanchez's grill with the other!

Totally agree.

This is what Croom should be doing to opponents in the endzone:

wrestling-gif-10.gif

VN Store

Back