Were you happy with UT's performance against Oklahoma?

Are you happy with UT's performance against Oklahoma last Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes. We were outmanned in the trenches (Jr. and Sr vs Fr.) and still had opportunities to make the game close. Defense played great. Oline and Hurd grew up in that game and will hopefully carry that foward into SEC play. Pearson and Wolf cannot return soon enough.

Reactions: 4 people
Happy? No.

Encouraged? Absolutely.

Great time for the bye week. Get healthy and use tape to get better. Loved the way the team fought despite all that went against them. AJ blocking a FG and Worley doing what he did proved that this team has great leaders. Good for this team.

Reactions: 7 people
Yes it was a loss, we all knew it was coming. However, these young men played grown men and showed true grit. Last season if we were down at the half like we were in that ball game they would come out and get the doors blown off of them. This team showed me that they want to win, they strive to win and will not give up until the last whistle is blown at the end of the game. Defense was stout, even with a few blown coverages, the OL needs the most work. Poor Worley, with this O-Line as young as it is he will have to get the ball out of his hands quicker. Worley also needs to learn to read the Option better as well, too many times the OU defense would have bitten on the Option and Worley keep it for 5-10 yards. Just my humble opinion.
:horse:

Reactions: 3 people
The Oline was horrendous and the play calling (especially on 3rd and 2 at the goal) was questionable, but overall I was very pleased. They played one of the best teams in the entire country on the road and had it not been for the pick 6 in the 4th, they would have been down by 10 with 10 minutes to go. That play was a 14 point swing and all built up momentum was lost. They fought their butts off and Worley really manned up by continually getting up and back under center.

I was not at all disappointed by the performance as a whole, but the Oline was a serious problem.

Reactions: 3 people
Happy? No.

Encouraged? Absolutely.

Great time for the bye week. Get healthy and use tape to get better. Loved the way the team fought despite all that went against them. AJ blocking a FG and Worley doing what he did proved that this team has great leaders. Good for this team.

I would agree with this. Good post.

Reactions: 1 person
My emotions from the 1st few series to the final few were a roller coaster that's for sure. This team made me a believer as the game went on. My biggest take aways are that this D is way beyond decent, Worley is a tough SOB, North and Sutton are beasts and we need another red zone threat with Pearson and Wolf out.

Reactions: 2 people
I think this will be illuminating.

I put yes, but I would say my answer is not entirely "yes" or "no". A 24 point loss never makes me happy, but I was encouraged for the most part by what I saw from our undermanned team. The margin of defeat could have easily been 14 or less.

I was very proud of Worley, the defense, and the backfield. Proud of North and Josh Smith too.

I was not happy with Bajakian and Mahoney. If I'm Butch I'm not sure I don't pull Bajakian out of the booth and put him on the sideline starting next game.

It's not an either-or proposition. It's possible to be proud of our players, supportive of the team and encouraged by the development, yet be disappointed that we lost by four scores and had poor play at key positions. Ask CBJ if he's happy with the loss or satisfied with the performance.

Except for the one call at the 3 yard line that resulted in the pick six, I see great improvement and look forward to the rest of the season.

My emotions from the 1st few series to the final few were a roller coaster that's for sure. This team made me a believer as the game went on. My biggest take aways are that this D is way beyond decent, Worley is a tough SOB, North and Sutton are beasts and we need another red zone threat with Pearson and Wolf out.

This!

Lot of positives. No we didn't win but, on the road against a top 5 team, we aren't quite there yet.

Good experience for our younger players going into conference play.

Interesting stat. If you take out Worley's -23 yds from sacks. We averaged 5.3 yds per carry against OU's D.

Interesting stat. If you take out Worley's -23 yds from sacks. We averaged 5.3 yds per carry against OU's D.

Two things take out hurds 43 yrds n it changes but even if it drops to 2.5 yrds what the heck were we thinking at 3 n 2 on the 2.. Obviously the oc doesn't do math well..lol

Do we have any running plays? The ou D bull rushed up field the entire game, we only had two gash plays. There should have been more. :question:

Loved the blocked FG late in the game because it showed that we were still competing with 100% effort even when the game was out of reach.

They had more horses and it showed, plain and simple. Being undermanned, we needed a mistake-free game. I don't think there's a team in the country that could beat OKLA giving up 3 turnovers (especially the pick 6).

We are trending in the right direction, no doubt about it.

It's a process, and Butch gets it.

Is the poll going as you suspected oregonvol? (I voted yes FWIW)

Considering where we were the last few years, and where we want the program to be; I some more positives than negatives that made me happy with TN's performance.

Two things take out hurds 43 yrds n it changes but even if it drops to 2.5 yrds what the heck were we thinking at 3 n 2 on the 2.. Obviously the oc doesn't do math well..lol

I really did see a lot of positives in this game. Even if it was in defeat. The true head scratcher was the third and goal from the 2 call.

Late in the game. Four down territory. Run the ball! If you don't get in the first time......run the damn thing again! That was a 14 point turn around.

I was not happy per se. Who could be? It's defined as feeling pleasure or excitement. I was far from feeling pleasure and excitement. That comes after a win.

Was I encouraged? Yes. Proud? Beyond measure. Hopeful? More than ever. Happy? If losing to OU by 24 gives you a happy ending then I suggest a visit to the oriental message parlor. You'll be blown away....

Reactions: 2 people
I think the question is more complex than just a yes or no answer. I was happy with the effort and fight this team put up. I wasn't happy with the performance because this is UT and we should never be happy with a 24 point loss. However I was expecting a result around this score line and I'm encouraged by what I saw and excited for the future. So my answer is no, but I'm excited for next year and even the rest of this year. I think we can make some noise in the east right now!

VN Store

Back