Bob Stoops praises Worley

You'd have to be stupid to not acknowledge the courage Worley had for hanging in the pocket knowing he was more than likely going to get hit. He took it on the chin and stood up like a man

Agree 100%

Blows my mind how we have some fans on here thinking Worley wasn't playing like a hero out there.

Reactions: 31 people
Agreed. Worley did what a leader is supposed to do. He led by example by standing in there and giving a gutsy performance. He made mistakes, which happens. I am proud of him and the whole team. I am very encouraged we get to a bowl game. We've got some "upsets" of other teams coming. And I cannot wait!

Reactions: 7 people
Worley was a man against ok. He was under duress all night. He is the epitamy of what was a Derek Dooley coached team. A few of his players would have been great with a different coach. Boys we are in the right track and justin might not be playing when it happens but he is going to be a part of the cause when it happens
More than a gutsy performance. He was determined

Reactions: 7 people
Worley is playing as well as most any QB in college football the past three games.

Reactions: 3 people
Not an emotional, rah rah guy, but Worley is the leader of this team. He has done an outstanding job thru 3 games and has the respect of his teammates and opponents alike.

Let's just hope he stays healthy all season....not going bowling without him. Jmo

Reactions: 2 people
From everything I've heard Stoops acted with class, Sooner fans acted with class. And I used to love to play the wishbone on old EA NCAA games with Oklahoma.

I got to say, the program has risen in my esteem after that game. I can't even blame them for sending Striker every single down.

Worley went from being the leader of the team to being "The Man" that game too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Proud of Worley. He hung tough all night. Made only one bad decision all night. Made us proud.

I am surprised we have not read the " Stoops wanted to thank Worley for the pick 6 and not how hard he played" comment from the poop smellers on here (who have thier nose buried deep into a rose).

From everything I've heard Stoops acted with class, Sooner fans acted with class. And I used to love to play the wishbone on old EA NCAA games with Oklahoma.

I got to say, the program has risen in my esteem after that game. I can't even blame them for sending Striker every single down.

Worley went from being the leader of the team to being "The Man" that game too.

I was there and the Sooner fans were classy. Many came up to me before the game and thanked me for coming and I had a young lady in the row behind (Sooner fan) me say what a bunch of great fans we were. Not sure what would have happened had we won, but still, I was impressed. I think they really liked having a program with great history play them at home.

Reactions: 2 people
Worley was a man against ok. He was under duress all night. He is the epitamy of what was a Derek Dooley coached team. A few of his players would have been great with a different coach. Boys we are in the right track and justin might not be playing when it happens but he is going to be a part of the cause when it happens

Worley is our John Parker Wilson.

Epitamy is a pity..... to me.

My only question is how many games is it until Worley is injured because of his o-line?
He won't make it though the year uninjured, but it's not like the line isn't trying. Peterman, Dobbs, and Wegzyn had better prepare well.

How much you wanna bet that if TN wins that game, Stoops would not have done that?

No. He probably runs to the corner of the end zone and sits down Indian style (is that racist? I can't tell anymore.) and starts crying. That would have been a devastating loss for OU.

VN Store

Back