Josh Smith out 2-6 weeks with High Ankle Sprain

Best wishes for josh.. He really worked hard last year to get to where he is now. Hope he comes back 110%

Maybe we need to start taping the high ankles :)

Reactions: 4 people
That sucks. Kid is having a great year and gets hurt 3 games in. Hope he has a quick recovery.

I've done a complete 180 on this kid. He's been terrific this year, our 2nd best WR behind North. We desperately need this kid, especially if Von is not gonna make it back for Georgia. I sure do hope it's closer to the 2 weeks and not the 6 weeks.

He has played very hard and the results of the time he put in on getting better has showed up. Get well

.... and there goes another WR. Great.

george-costanza-gives-up.gif

Reactions: 13 people
This kid was bagged hard last year, and at times, deservedly so, but he has been clutch this year and you can tell he has put work in to get stronger and more mentally prepared. It has shown in his catch ability. Not one drop that I am aware of through three games. Not a devastating loss at our deepest position, but he will be missed. Didn't think I'd say that a year ago.

Reactions: 1 person
Arguably the most improved player on offense. If there is a position where we can absorb an injury, it's at WR. Still, it's a tough loss no matter how you slice it.

As a true freshman, this guy played with injuries that were so bad, his position coach said he should have been sidelined and headed to surgery. Still, he gave his all for Tennessee, never complained, and never made any excuses. That's what warriors do.

Josh is a great competitor and those who know him are not surprised at his production this year. He will be back and he will continue to make a difference on and off the field.

Reactions: 5 people
This kid was bagged hard last year, and at times, deservedly so, but he has been clutch this year and you can tell he has put work in to get stronger and more mentally prepared. It has shown in his catch ability. Not one drop that I am aware of through three games. Not a devastating loss at our deepest position, but he will be missed. Didn't think I'd say that a year ago.

Actually, I think it's a huge loss. We now have our 2nd and 3rd best WRs injured and possibly out vs Georgia. Not good. WR is one of our deepest positions but we ain't that deep IMO. If we lose those 2 we're badly hurt in our WR rotation.

Reactions: 3 people

We were pretty deep at WR, but we seem to be quickly thinning, especially with Croom having caught a case of the dropsies. It will give kids like Malone a chance to step up and gain valuable reps, but we need Smith and Von back quickly IMO

Reactions: 1 person
We must have different definitions of "devastating", but I feel that North, Pig, J. Johnson, Malone, and Croom can pick up the slack. Hoping also that Pearson is back.

We were pretty deep at WR, but we seem to be quickly thinning, especially with Croom having caught a case of the dropsies. It will give kids like Malone a chance to step up and gain valuable reps, but we need Smith and Von back quickly IMO

m6NVIzd.gif

I wonder what the thought process was on this one....

"Oh okay, here comes the ball...

wow! What a throw Justin way to go! Ok...

concentrate...

concentrate...

concentrate....

WAIT! DOES ANYONE ELSE HEAR AN ICE CREAM TRUCK?!?!

Oh... Wait... Nooooo! Crap."

Reactions: 2 people
m6NVIzd.gif

I wonder what the thought process was on this one....

"Oh okay, here comes the ball...

wow! What a throw Justin way to go! Ok...

concentrate...

concentrate...

concentrate....

WAIT! DOES ANYONE ELSE HEAR AN ICE CREAM TRUCK?!?!

Oh... Wait... Nooooo! Crap."

That's what a person who has never caught a pass thinks. The real wr's are fighting nfl type dbs for the ball while in the air and moving 13 mph.

VN Store

Back