Just lost to Oklahoma ap rank 4

at Georgia Bulldogs ap rank 13
Florida Gators at Tennessee ap rank 33
at Ole Miss Rebels (Homecoming) rank ap 10
Alabama Crimson Tide at Tennessee rank ap 3
at South Carolina Gamecocks ap rank 14
Missouri Tigers at Tennessee Vols ap rank 18

Reactions: 1 person
will be surprised if Mizzou is in the top 25 by the time they get deep into the year. Not buyng that #18 rank at all and ive seen them play every week so far.

Reactions: 2 people
Assuming we stay healthy I think our defense can keep us in everyone of those games. We just have to get some better play from the OL. It should be an interesting next few weeks.

South Carolina is always afraid of us spoiling their season. They've never outright blown us out except in '08.. Fulmer's deciding game.

The image of some of our players on the sideline laughing and cutting up during that ass whipping on national TV still sends my blood pressure sky high.

Reactions: 4 people
It looks like it all gets easier except 'Bama after last Saturday night. Only 'Bama is ranked that high on the remaining schedule. Bring 'em on! GO BIG ORANGE!

will be surprised if Mizzou is in the top 25 by the time they get deep into the year. Not buyng that #18 rank at all and ive seen them play every week so far.

Idk man. Mizzou still has athletes. They rush the passer and Mauk, much like Bo Wallace, can really make plays. He's not the most consistent and he can make some negative plays, but can step up and make plays when they need him. I am glad that's at home. Will be a tough game.

Chattanooga and Vandy are really the only likely wins left. Will have to fight to get any more. (and yes I no longer consider UK as a likely win). People considering Mizzu as a likely win need to realize they won the east last year and are ranked in the top 20. That would be a huge win for TN at this point.

Chattanooga and Vandy are really the only likely wins left. Will have to fight to get any more. (and yes I no longer consider UK as a likely win). People considering Mizzu as a likely win need to realize they won the east last year and are ranked in the top 20. That would be a huge win for TN at this point.

I just don't think Missouri is anywhere close to as good as they were last season.

Misery is a different team this year. Who have they played that has you convinced? We sucked ass last year for the most part, especially on defense. This is a new year!

That is a joke and an overreaction to another close loss for them...We have heard this improvement theme from them before and it's still been since Reagan's first term that they won in Neyland...Tennessee should beat Florida, Kentucky and Mizzou as well as the two you mentioned.

Half of those teams are now counting us a brutal game.

Not yet they're not. Beat Georgia in 2 weeks maybe, even probably, but not yet. We haven't given anybody a reason to fear UT as an upcoming "brutal" game...yet.

Idk man. Mizzou still has athletes. They rush the passer and Mauk, much like Bo Wallace, can really make plays. He's not the most consistent and he can make some negative plays, but can step up and make plays when they need him. I am glad that's at home. Will be a tough game.

yeh. never said it wouldnt be a tough game but i dont think they are the 18th best team in the country. They rush the passer a little bit but they are pretty mediocre defensively everywhere else. Sure it helps perception when you play South Dakota State, Toledo, Indiana and UCF. Ill withhold judgement until they get into SEC play but that #18 rank is a big stretch based on what ive seen.

yeh. never said it wouldnt be a tough game but i dont think they are the 18th best team in the country. They rush the passer a little bit but they are pretty mediocre defensively everywhere else. Sure it helps perception when you play South Dakota State, Toledo, Indiana and UCF. Ill withhold judgement until they get into SEC play but that #18 rank is a big stretch based on what ive seen.

UCF is ok. as good as Arky State at minimum. They were good last year and played Penn State to the last second in Ireland.

Not saying Mizzou is a world beater, but they could win the east again this year. Wouldn't shock me at all.

Here's how I see the remaining schedule:

WE at Georgia Bulldogs ap rank 13
GON Florida Gators at Tennessee ap rank 33
TO at Ole Miss Rebels (Homecoming) rank ap 10
WHIP Alabama Crimson Tide at Tennessee rank ap 3
THEY at South Carolina Gamecocks ap rank 14
ASS Missouri Tigers at Tennessee Vols ap rank 18

Reactions: 4 people
Brutal games is what the OP stated. I see Georgia, Ole Miss, Bama & SC. Difficult games are Florida, Missouri & Kentucky. BIG difference between brutal and difficult.

Not drinking blue kook aid yet for the kitties. They're clearly better than last year, but that ain't sayin much! We have a legit shot at evabody but AL GA & SC will be very tough.

I will say I was so impressed with our D Saturday that the Bama game is the only game that wont go down to the wire (even they are overrated).
Sure that sounds like what a typical fan would say. But lets wait until Mizzu UF and Ole Miss play someone before we call them a loss.
Same can be said about us but I'm really excited about our D.

We are all still suffering from the mindset developed during the dooley disaster. We are coming back. We see the improvement but our inferiority complex forces us to see the everyone as better than us. Hell, we were 2 plays, 2 PLAYS, away from tying Oklahoma. Good times are coming. In fact, they may already be here.

VN Store

Back