Never ceases to amaze me

VolsByNature

DeletedPost Record Holder
After a loss to the #4 team in the country with one of the youngest teams we've had. Vol fans continue to bash the coaches, and talk down on the players.

We are clearly improving talent wise, we've got a staff that accepts nothing but the best and we haven't had that in a while

Here's something to be positive about, the SEC East is wide open people. UGA, USCe, and Florida are beatable teams versus we knew what we were getting into against Oklahoma. And, our guys played their tail off. We will, one day, be able to go toe to toe with teams like them, but right now we have to accept reality.

We've got a bye week, we'll regroup and come out swinging when we play the Bulldogs next Saturday, believe that.

Reactions: 29 people
My favorites are the Bubbas who question the playcalling and gameplan.

These guys couldn't playcall a pee-wee football game, let alone a game with a depleted roster vs the #4 college team in the nation on the road.

Reactions: 23 people
After a loss to the #4 team in the country with one of the youngest teams we've had. Vol fans continue to bash the coaches, and talk down on the players.

We are clearly improving talent wise, we've got a staff that accepts nothing but the best and we haven't had that in a while

Here's something to be positive about, the SEC East is wide open people. UGA, USCe, and Florida are beatable teams versus we knew what we were getting into against Oklahoma. And, our guys played their tail off. We will, one day, be able to go toe to toe with teams like them, but right now we have to accept reality.

We've got a bye week, we'll regroup and come out swinging when we play the Bulldogs next Saturday, believe that.

It never ceases to amaze me that we always have to have some one like you to talk down to the board. I don't see anyone blaming the coaches or players for anything. Does it make you feel better about yourself thinking you are standing on a higher moral ground? Most of us know the deal with the football program. Quit acting like the local authority.:whatever:

Reactions: 15 people
Most people I've noticed are extremely proud of this team and the way we played against a Top 5 team on the road.

The ones who bash Croom are ignorant rednecks and don't repersent the fanbase. I thought Coach Jake is a fine OC but, he didn't call the best game against Oklahoma.

Reactions: 8 people
It never ceases to amaze me that we always have to have some one like you to talk down to the board. I don't see anyone blaming the coaches or players for anything. Does it make you feel better about yourself thinking you are standing on a higher moral ground? Most of us know the deal with the football program. Quit acting like the local authority.:whatever:

This all day.

Reactions: 1 person
Can this please be the last & sole thread for the "If you question anything about the Vols, you're not a fan, you're stupid, and you should go root for the other team" posters? We get guys. You are the brilliant ones & everyone else is lame for using a message board to discuss their thoughts on the team...

Reactions: 8 people

Not disagreeing with the overall message, but you can scroll down the first page of threads and find threads blaming Worley, Croom, and the oc. Some of the questions brought up are warranted and some are just grasping at straws

Reactions: 4 people

Well said...

Haters will hate regardless of the outcome. They get on here looking for fellow haters.

UT played really well, especially in the 2nd Half, I think OU thought UT woulf fold/wilt, our team did us proud.

GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people

These guys couldn't playcall a pee-wee football game, let alone a game with a depleted roster vs the #4 college team in the nation on the road.

While I agree with most of your statement, the roster is not depleted. The roster is actually better than it has been in years, depth however is still an issue.

The thing that truly amazes me is that most of the people on this board want everyone to be happy that we got blown out.

Reactions: 3 people

You don't see anyone talking down to the coaches or players, but think I was talking down to the board in what I said? :blink:

Say what?

You don't see anyone talking down to the coaches or players, but think I was talking down to the board in what I said? :blink:

Don't worry dude I guess it makes them feel good to chastise kids giving their all.. Coaches I'm ok with but players is a no no..

Or why do don't we run the fullback

Sorry oregonvol, I don't consider that game as a blowout.

Last year against Oregon was a blowout.

This year against Oklahoma was night and day different.

Especially considering we have the youngest team in college football, 50% of our players had never been to a road game, our starting Left Tackle is gone for the year, our starting TE and 1 of our best WR's were out and our depth of SEC calibur players just isn't there yet but our solid recruiting is going to fix that.

Yes, I've seen bashing of Croom, our O line, OC and others on here but I blow most of them off as just opinions of non-professional coaches, LOL!

This is just what some people do here on VN.

I'm damn proud of every damn 1 of our footVol players and I saw no quit in any of them especially our beat down O line that gave their all for 60 minutes and never backed down!

We have gotten better despite being forced to play 22 kids that were playing in high school this time last year.

IMO buTch and his staff have done a remarkable job in such a short time and I believe they'll give their all for our Vols coaching and recruiting and they won't gve up or quit either.

Some people just refuse to be happy about anything no matter if we get a Win or not, they'll always find something to whine and complain about.

That seems to be a VN tradition.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Can this please be the last & sole thread for the "If you question anything about the Vols, you're not a fan, you're stupid, and you should go root for the other team" posters? We get guys. You are the brilliant ones & everyone else is lame for using a message board to discuss their thoughts on the team...

Not intended for you, just answering your question....

No. I'm sure it will not be the last. As long as there are posters who cannot tell the difference between constructive criticism and sh*tt*ng out there mouth, these threads will continue.

Contrary to popular belief. Ignorance IS NOT bliss.

Agree. But fan is short for fanatic. Go to any other fan message board after a loss and see what you get. You think there might be a few fire richt comments today on uga boards? Do you think Texas fans are only offering positive opinions on their boards? I think most of our fans are dissapointed yet understand that we are young. We also didn't get a any help from the reffs. But by in large I think most of our fans have a positive outlook and are more hopeful we beat a few of our conference Rivals.
But I do agree... I'm totally against threads that specifically name and bash individual players.

Most people I've noticed are extremely proud of this team and the way we played against a Top 5 team on the road.

The ones who bash Croom are ignorant rednecks and don't repersent the fanbase. I thought Coach Jake is a fine OC but, he didn't call the best game against Oklahoma.

You could say that play calling could improve just like anything else, but what is he to do with the OL against that front 7. I would say the most brilliant OC ever would be at a severe handicap. I didn't like that jet sweep to start the game, but if it would have worked we would be talking about how smart it was.

There is definitely a fine line between calling a guy out for a legit bad play and attacking them as person.

I think Croom should have come down with that end zone catch (and a few others) and turned the tide of the game all day long but no one has the right to call him a loser, say he sucks,...etc. I want soooo badly for Croom to live up to his amazing potential but the hands just aren't there yet. For his sake, I hope that switch gets flipped and he starts making some highlight reel grabs and helping UT win some more games.

As for play calling criticism, that's easy. Every play that does not result in a TD is an abject failure and we need to can the OC immediately! I wasn't crazy about some of the calls but I suspect it's a little harder than it seems to call the perfect game from my couch.

Nothing has changed. Every team in the East is beatable and our chances of beating any of them are the same as they were before last Saturday. It's very unlikely that any team in the East will go unbeaten this year and possible that the East champ will have multiple losses. We'll all beat up on each other, but the teams that don't play Alabama have an advantage.

Calling attention to the 2% of the people complaining is worse then the people complaining. Hope you got the attention you were after.

VN Store

Back