Scheduling

Brak

A witty saying proves nothing
Just curious if anyone knows the reason why Florida keeps getting scheduled further back in the season? 10 years ago they were our second game; then over the past few years they've been the third and now we aren't playing them until week six. The reason I ask is because Florida does not look like a good team right now and I would rather play them sooner rather than later. Before they have time to work anything out.

I would assume the reason they went from being the 2nd game to the third game is because we went from playing 11 games to 12. So that added another OOC game for each team before starting conference play.

Don't know why the SEC moved it back another week for this season. Hopefully the change is good for us though.

Conference realignment and addition of mizz & ATM created several changed schedule scenarios for several SEC teams. UF goes back farther for us.

I am glad. They have had our (and most others) # early. But later in season they tend to falter.

Coach Fulmer always wanted to play Florduh later in the season. I've always agreed. I've never understood why UT would play them so early. I think it has surely effected the win/loss column for the Vols. I personally would like to see it played in place of the South Carolina weekend or closer to thanksgiving.

Typically florduh would be busy playing the florduh school of blind and the florduh school of paraplegics the one or two weeks leading up to the Vols. The Vols would often have at least one cupcake and one decently talented opponent or even an open weekend that early. I think all would hurt Vols and favor florduh

With as much youth as we have, I'd argue we actually have the advantage playing them later in the season.

Typically florduh would be busy playing the florduh school of blind and the florduh school of paraplegics the one or two weeks leading up to the Vols. The Vols would often have at least one cupcake and one decently talented opponent or even an open weekend that early. I think all would hurt Vols and favor florduh

2 years ago they were on the road vs. aTm before coming to Neyland and last season they were on the road at Miami before the UT game.

LOL.

I thought you all weren't happy with the game where it was.

Now, it gets moved and people are complaining.

I like not having UF as the 1st SEC (and often 1st tough) game of the season. Much better starting with GA

LOL.

I laughed as well. Play it early, people complain. Play it later, people complain.

Tennessee always wanted to move the fla game back to Nov but they wouldn't since they played FSU then...

Just curious if anyone knows the reason why Florida keeps getting scheduled further back in the season? 10 years ago they were our second game; then over the past few years they've been the third and now we aren't playing them until week six. The reason I ask is because Florida does not look like a good team right now and I would rather play them sooner rather than later. Before they have time to work anything out.

Also adding two more teams to conference?

GO VOLS!

LOL.

I wasn't complaining just asking a question. Thanks for your insight though.

Actually im pretty sure the OP is the only person in the world who wants to play in week 2 or 3.

It would have been nice this year, is all I was saying. Leave it up to this board to completely misconstrued a persons comments.

I wasn't complaining just asking a question. Thanks for your insight though.

Seemed like a complaint to me.

Don't worry, you should be fine this year.

Just keep extra people in to block and Tennessee will be fine.

LOL.

One person's opinion does not denote "people". The majority of vol fans would very much welcome a later game. At the end of the day it probably doesn't matter, the better team usually wins the game and for the last few years that's unfortunately been y'all.

lol,never satisfied.In the 90's everybody wanted to catch Fla.toward the end of the year cause they said Ten. was better then at the first of year.Now this guy wants them at the first cause they are haveing ploblems.

lol,never satisfied.In the 90's everybody wanted to catch Fla.toward the end of the year cause they said Ten. was better then at the first of year.Now this guy wants them at the first cause they are haveing ploblems.

So in other words you have no idea why there is a change in schedule. Thanks.

VN Store

Back