replay official

LIvol

The replay officials are from the big 12 and when they look at the "possible" fumble they send down word that they see a knee down. Butch screams in disgust and the announce crew is amazed at the decision and the ball game is reversed. Until there is a either an independent replay group that takes care of all replays or a neutral conference official nothing will be even in out of conference play. I am sure that this replay group has been influenced by a biasis for their immediate conference.

Reactions: 25 people
Score 13-7. Oklahoma fumbles. Big 12 replay crew would never overturn and did not. Take 7 points off Okies' score. 3rd and 2 inside the 5. Worley throws interception returned for touchdown. Add 7 to Okies' score and subtract 7 from Tennessee. Net +7 for Tennessee. Score 14-13. Does the rest of the game play differently? That's just how close we really were. 2 plays, 1 each, against Georgia and Vandy stopped us from being 7-5 instead of 5-7.

Reactions: 4 people
Any replay crew that sees this replay and doesn't think this is a fumble is either 1) grossly incompetent, 2) a biased fan of the Big 12, or 3) has money on the line. In any case, the NCAA should look into this and fire them immediately.

Reactions: 10 people
Score 13-7. Oklahoma fumbles. Big 12 replay crew would never overturn and did not. Take 7 points off Okies' score. 3rd and 2 inside the 5. Worley throws interception returned for touchdown. Add 7 to Okies' score and subtract 7 from Tennessee. Net +7 for Tennessee. Score 14-13. Does the rest of the game play differently? That's just how close we really were. 2 plays, 1 each, against Georgia and Vandy stopped us from being 7-5 instead of 5-7.

What about Worley's int in corner of endzone? Had North been the go to guy, there is no way that is not a TD. THE VOLS WERE SERIOUSLY TWO OR THREE PLAYS/BREAKS FROM SERIOUSLY THREATENING OU. I think a lot of the blame should fall on the OC

Reactions: 2 people
Unfortunately it is a trend. We need to make our own breaks with someone making a damn play. It happened against SC last year and we saw the results! Luck is not on our side, so make your own damn breaks.

Reactions: 7 people
What about Worley's int in corner of endzone? Had North been the go to guy, there is no way that is not a TD. THE VOLS WERE SERIOUSLY TWO OR THREE PLAYS/BREAKS FROM SERIOUSLY THREATENING OU. I think a lot of the blame should fall on the OC

No.

1 bad decision when a non guaranteed TD would have put them still 10 points out doesn't mean he should be blamed for anythibg.

He could have let his knee touch and the play would have been dead. He knew the ball was coming out. He already had the first down. But he kept pushing forward and should have lost possession. The replay officials blew that one badly.

Reactions: 9 people
Awful call. The ball was clearly coming out. I even had a bama fan text me and tell me that it was a fumble and they made a bad call. Also if they would have let the play continue and not have blew the whistle, I believe Sutton would have returned it for a touchdown making that 14-13 us with a huge momentum swing

Reactions: 5 people
TN should be in the Guiness Book of Records for being SCREWED the most times by replay judges!! :banghead2:

They have reamed us so bad they even had to change the dam rules....TWICE!! Jeez make it stop!!!

not much point in having replay officials of any kind, if they blow the replay as badly as this official did

Guy had the ball penned between his elbow and his body. He didn't have control though and his knee wasn't down.. They blew that call, or it was a case of home cooking. Either way Vols end up on the wrong end of it like normal. One of these days the breaks are going to go the Vols way. I just hope i'm still on this side of the dirt before then..

Reactions: 1 person
You bring up a good point, though. The field crew should not have been from the SEC, either. All of the officials should be from a neutral conference.

As for the replay crew, let's just say that the Big VII is not a stranger to controversy of this kind.

A Big VII conference replay crew was suspended just last week for this very same kind of thing

Where was Dave Hart when we needed him? He should of went down on the field and straightened things out. LOL!

Seriously, he should be raising hell about this and fighting for his team................

REPLAY SHOULD BE OUTLAWED!!

I hate it! It has caused UT at least 4 wins since 2010!
They still manage to get it wrong about 1/2 the time!
If the ref can't get the call right, then get somebody who can.

Reactions: 1 person
He could have let his knee touch and the play would have been dead. He knew the ball was coming out. He already had the first down. But he kept pushing forward and should have lost possession. The replay officials blew that one badly.

It was clear the knee was not down. I didn't even see how the knee being down mattered. He clearly fumbled the ball with the knee up, so at that point whoever gets the ball has the ball regardless of knee position.

Reactions: 3 people
This looked like a really bad call to me, too. I'm not sure what the replay ref thought he saw, but at the point that the runner's knee might have been down, he'd already lost the ball.

VN Store

Back