Georgia Losing it...History

pualsline

poakley@safeoak.com
Georgia has a history of losing one game and falling apart. It's almost unfortunate that they play Troy before playing us again.

Missouri - Lost
Vanderbilt - Lost the next week

Boise St. - Lost
South Carolina - Lost the next week

South Carolina - Lost
Lost the next 3 games

LSU - Loss
Tennessee - Lost the next week

Tennessee - Loss
Vanderbilt - Lost Homecoming the next week

Florida - Lost
Auburn - Lost the next week

Florida - Lost
Auburn - Lost the next game after a bye

Florida - Lost

Florida - Lost

Southern Miss- Lost
South Caroline - Lost the next week

Kentucky - Lost
Florida - Lost the next week

Ole Miss - Lost
Alabama - Lost the next week

Reactions: 6 people
I wish we had them this week.

I wouldn't even mind if a nail biter vs UGA prepared us for an upset again, like the SC game last year.

Georgia has a history of losing one game and falling apart. It's almost unfortunate that they play Troy before playing us again.

Missouri - Lost

Boise St. - Lost

South Carolina - Lost
Lost the next 3 games

LSU - Loss

Tennessee - Loss

Florida - Lost

Florida - Lost

Florida - Lost

Florida - Lost

Southern Miss- Lost

Kentucky - Lost

Ole Miss - Lost

Kentucky L 26-24
Florida L 38-7
Auburn L 33-10
Georgia Tech L 40-23

Auburn L 20-3
Georgia Tech L 33-22
Syracuse L 19-18

Florida L 27-0
Auburn L 21-12
Georgia Tech L 35-18

Wake Forest L 22-21
Clemson L 12-7
South Carolina L 27-20

Florida L 22-17
Auburn L 33-14
Georgia Tech L 16-7

Tennessee L 17-3
Florida T 13-13
Auburn L 16-3
Georgia Tech L 6-0
Nebraska L 45-6

1963'

North Carolina L 28-7
Florida L 21-14
Auburn L 14-0
Georgia Tech L 14-3

Miami L 32-7
Florida L 21-14
Auburn L 10-7
Georgia Tech L 22-7

Last edited:
You can bet that the players are going to remember the last second loss to Georgia last year. Some of the freshmen were at that game as well. Coming off the loss to Oklahoma, and pretty much standing toe to toe with them, and the bye, team 118 will be ready to make a statement.

Reactions: 2 people

Missouri - Lost

Boise St. - Lost

South Carolina - Lost
Lost the next 3 games

LSU - Loss

Tennessee - Loss

Florida - Lost

Florida - Lost

Florida - Lost

Florida - Lost

Southern Miss- Lost

Kentucky - Lost

Ole Miss - Lost

What happened in 2010 after losing those three straight games? I can't remember that far back.

You can bet that the players are going to remember the last second loss to Georgia last year. Some of the freshmen were at that game as well. Coming off the loss to Oklahoma, and pretty much standing toe to toe with them, and the bye, team 118 will be ready to make a statement.
I think our boys will be ready as well. Last year's game was a disaster all around and I'm sure our boys are going to want to come out and make a statement.

What happened in 2010 after losing those three straight games? I can't remember that far back.

You have to admit that uga under richt is similar to the Vols under Fulmer in the early 2000's. Incredible talent but just don't ever win the necessary games to play for a championship. The difference is that Fulmer won a championship in the late 90's. Richt is only ever going take uga so far

Great point. I was at the game Saturday and we played dam good defense in the 2nd half. Even some of the OU fans around me were making favorable comments. No way UGA is as good as people think (witness Saturday's outcome) and I think we have a very good chance to beat them in Athens.

Any team that watches the OU film is going to attack the right side of our OLine, until we show that we've shored up that weakness.

Hopefully, we see some improvement there. Coleman Thomas and Jashon Robertson are true freshmen being asked to step up against the best defensive athletes in the country, so we probably need to temper our expectations a bit. I'll be impressed if we see marked improvement on the line against UGA.

Any team that watches the OU film is going to attack the right side of our OLine, until we show that we've shored up that weakness.

Hopefully, we see some improvement there. Coleman Thomas and Jashon Robertson are true freshmen being asked to step up against the best defensive athletes in the country, so we probably need to temper our expectations a bit. I'll be impressed if we see marked improvement on the line against UGA.

Not every team has the kind of DL and LB that OU does.

Reactions: 3 people

Not super worried about UGAs Dline. Now when we play Fla and Alabama then it may be a concern. The Floyd guy (84) and number 59 seem like the only threats and they aren't crazy dynamic like OU. Now will they get to Worley, probably. I think we get the ball out of his hands tho. If we can get Worley time we will be able to torch that defense IMO especially if Pearson is back.Let's hope we play a great game and whip dey azz.

I was there, sweating like hell for Dooley's debut at UGA.

Half a fifth of Jack Black before kickoff was the only reason I enjoyed that game.

Can't remember leaving Sanford, but I woke up in my own bed. Guess that's a wash.

VN Store

Back