4th quarter O-line play

PowerWookie

go aaaarrrrnnngeee!!
was much better run and pass blocking. Did we change schemes at all?

The whole 1st half and maybe during the 3rd quarter we were telegraphing the snap count due to crowd noise which is the last thing this oline needs going against it... Did we ever change to a silent count?

I'll hang up and listen

OU put in subs the 4th quarter. And yes, we were at a great disadvantage when the guard had to touch the Kerbyson to let him know to center the ball.

OU put in subs the 4th quarter. And yes, we were at a great disadvantage when the guard had to touch the Kerbyson to let him know to center the ball.

At what point was second team front 7 inserted. I swear striker and some of those others big dliners were definitively in for those long runs

Reactions: 3 people

FYI... The guard (Jackson) was touching Crowder the center. Kerbyson was playing tackle.

Reactions: 5 people

THE GUARD IS JUST LETTING THE CENTER KNOW THAT THE QB IS READY FOR THE BALL. It is the centers job to vary the count..

Reactions: 1 person
THE GUARD IS JUST LETTING THE CENTER KNOW THAT THE QB IS READY FOR THE BALL. It is the centers job to vary the count..

ok got ya... that's how silent count works... did we/crowder improve on the varying of the count in the 4th quarter

I think the one thing everyone has missed is our conditioning. I didn't see our guys tired or gassed out at all right up till the end.

I wonder how much that effected our fourth quarter line play, could it be that our line was just in better condition and thus played better in the 4th ? also with a young team as the game goes on they should settle down and play better.

Reactions: 4 people
For what I'm hearing we did not change blocking schemes in the 4th as far as the armchair genesis (me included) can tell

At what point was second team front 7 inserted. I swear striker and some of those others big dliners were definitively in for those long runs

I was at the game and they did not pull their starters. They we're noticeably tired. It appeared UT was in better shape, maybe because our guys had a couple of tough games to prepare. The OU starters had only played a half of football in the first two games.

Reactions: 4 people
I was at the game and they did not pull their starters. They we're noticeably tired. It appeared UT was in better shape, maybe because our guys had a couple of tough games to prepare. The OU starters had only played a half of football in the first two games.

UT's Lin did block much better in the 4th quarter for whatever reason.

By the end of the third quarter OU was a tired football team. Change that pick-six to a TD for TN and the fourth quarter would have been quite interesting. Not that I think TN would have won but OU would have really puckered before the final seconds ticked off.

They switched to the running game in the fourth primarily to run the clock down. They didn't want to get in a passing contest as TN would have had more opportunities with the ball on offense.

Their level of conditioning could be critical for OU as they move into conference play. If they don't finish well they could lose some close games. Baylor, Texas and Texas Tech could really test them.

Our schemes were the same in the 4th as they were early in the game. Oklahoma wasn't as aggressive late in the game and was likely using a lot of reserves.

Our schemes were the same in the 4th as they were early in the game. Oklahoma wasn't as aggressive late in the game and was likely using a lot of reserves.

200.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Agree with comment about OU getting tired, but thought that the O-Line continued to try (pride and character)

was much better run and pass blocking. Did we change schemes at all?

The whole 1st half and maybe during the 3rd quarter we were telegraphing the snap count due to crowd noise which is the last thing this oline needs going against it... Did we ever change to a silent count?

I'll hang up and listen

likely our ability to finally break a couple decent runs slowed down the pass rush.

Agreed I think OU starters were in until the very last drive

so what changed in the 4th for the oline??

Justin Worley's unbreakable granite frame slowly wore down their D-Line as they foolishly flung themselves against him like moths to flame. :p

Reactions: 3 people
Justin Worley's unbreakable granite frame slowly wore down their D-Line as they foolishly flung themselves against him like moths to flame. :p

Actually, now that I think of it, there is some truth to this.

If you blitz every down and don't let the second stringers have a go, eventually you are going to get gassed not matter how well those blitzes are turning out.

Kudos to our offense for being tough enough to take advantage.

Actually, now that I think of it, there is some truth to this.

If you blitz every down and don't let the second stringers have a go, eventually you are going to get gassed not matter how well those blitzes are turning out.

Kudos to our offense for being tough enough to take advantage.

So we wore em out hitting us.

Wasn't that in a rocky movie?

VN Store

Back