holding

Everyone holds from Peewee to the Pros. Just a matter in the refs catch or not. Nothing earth shattering.

Holding on Croom and the fore arm to Worley faces mask...I know it does matter now but if I could see it at home on TV during the play I think Ref who does this for a weekend Job would have seen this.

And we do send film on non and back calls to the SEC refs after each game.

not sure as I got these from someone else. It was a replay though. If the qb dropped back, #9 was getting held.

The one on Barnett would have been declined because it was 4th and long in the red zone and would have been 3rd down and given them another EZ shot with a penalty. Instead they kicked a FG.

Also, I cringed and was relieved on some of OKie's incomplete passes when our DBs could have been called for interference.

I do believe the refs missed that fumble call, though. That was a momentum changer.

Holding on Croom and the fore arm to Worley faces mask...I know it does matter now but if I could see it at home on TV during the play I think Ref who does this for a weekend Job would have seen this.

And we do send film on non and back calls to the SEC refs after each game.

The one on Croom was pretty obvious.

We got held a lot. Our linebacker got held their touchdown run too. I'm moving on, but it's almost like the SEC officials were scared to make a call so they wouldn't get the favortism reference. Worked against us.

Not saying it's why we lost. Just saying it sucked to see jerseys being pulled and flags not thrown. Inside and hidden, holding happens every play. When you are reaching and pulling, there's no excuse really for not calling it.

Reactions: 1 person
Another missed call that fired me up:

Anyone else notice the deep ball to North on a fly down the left side in the late first qtr or early second? He nearly made it to the ball but it was over his head. I thought, "dang it Worley! Another overthrown deep ball."

They then showed the replay which clearly showed the db 2-hand-chuck North straight into his chest about 25 yards down the field to interrupt his momentum. No call. Holding at the least, most likely PI as he was way down the field already.

AV

Anyone else notice the deep ball to North on a fly down the left side in the late first qtr or early second? He nearly made it to the ball but it was over his head. I thought, "dang it Worley! Another overthrown deep ball."

They then showed the replay which clearly showed the db 2-hand-chuck North straight into his chest about 25 yards down the field to interrupt his momentum. No call. Holding at the least, most likely PI as he was way down the field already.

AV

Correct.

When Knight ran in for a touchdown, he was able to do so because an OK receiver held the DB from the back of his jersey.

I don't know that it would change the outcome of the game. Oklahoma was a dominate team, but the refs should be fired. I think those guys either got paid to look the other way or they bet huge money on the outcome.

AV
I had the same reaction when I saw it live and then the re-play. It was obvious that the refs were not going to favor us at all. If we were to be in this game we had to go it alone. Not that this shocks me it happens every week some where. I was pleased to see Butch give them an earful at the half.

VN Store

Back