A.J. Johnson is a beast of a man.

LibertyVolance

For all the faults we may find here and there on this young team, it would not be justice to overlook a dominant linebacker if ever there was one.

Johnson just thrives on contact. The guy lives to overpower his opponent, literally eating running backs like pacman and throwing them down. He grabs them mid-stride and there IS no forward progress. He makes it look simple.

If we had a defense full of Johnsons, his strength level coupled with his aggressive style, nobody could challenge us. And if you noticed, Oklahoma's good set of RBs really did not run that well on our Tenn D until that late drive when we may have finally gotten gassed and used some subs. If some of his physicality rubs off on these young guys, they could prove to be very successful. Not saying they will, but they could.

For all the faults we may find here and there on this young team, it would not be justice to overlook a dominant linebacker if ever there was one.

Johnson just thrives on contact. The guy lives to overpower his opponent, literally eating running backs like pacman and throwing them down. He grabs them mid-stride and there IS no forward progress. He makes it look simple.

If we had a defense full of Johnsons, his strength level coupled with his aggressive style, nobody could challenge us. And if you noticed, Oklahoma's good set of RBs really did not run that well on our Tenn D until that late drive when we may have finally gotten gassed and used some subs. If some of his physicality rubs off on these young guys, they could prove to be very successful. Not saying they will, but they could.

Lulz

Reactions: 5 people

Johnson's as far the eye could see? :eek:hmy:

Reactions: 1 person
I think AJ made a wise decision in coming back his senior year. If he keep playing like he has thus far he will b a 1st round pick.

Reactions: 2 people
Johnson's as far the eye could see? :eek:hmy:

He knows he's the biggest and baddest in the valley. That's why he's not intimidated by anybody else out there.

That's where raw strength and size pays off. If you know you are physically stronger than your opponent, you can't be intimidated by him. That's what we need from our offseason strength and conditioning program. We need to create several beasts that play with that kind of confidence at every position.

Do you recall DB Dale Carter in the early 90s? Fearlessness on a football field combined with strength and aggressiveness can produce an awesome bunch of defenders.

AJ Johnson is a man amongst boys, I didn't say much with the 1st 2 games but he is so much better than last year having better players around him...and he reads and gets off blocks for tackles....Thanks for your effort AJ, you are fun to watch Go Vols

Amazing athlete with a pure instinct to get to the ball...

at this point in his career AJ is tied for 7th in the history books with 353 career tackles.60 more to be #2.Should move into 5th place next game only needs 5 against UGA.

Reactions: 3 people
Not that it matters now, but I would like to have seen the Beast mode on that play where the pick 6 was thrown.

Reactions: 3 people
Not that it matters now, but I would like to have seen the Beast mode on that play where the pick 6 was thrown.

Yeah his td % is 50%. 6 tds on 12 career carries. side note marlin lane only has 9 career rushing tds

He seems to be on a different level this year. Love mentality, his aggressiveness and his guns.

We're lucky to have him. He really is a monster. And he's never missed any time due to injury that I can remember. That one hit he had on their second drive was massive

I will have to give props to AJ. I have been a vocal critic of his, but he has really improved his game. The hit that he put on the OU rb was Al Wilsonish...

VN Store

Back