The SEC East and West races.

LibertyVolance

Both divisions will both be particularly fun to watch this year and no definite champion can be determined yet.

The West is most definitely the strongest of the two with TAMU, Aub, Ala, LSU, and OM looking very good and Ark and MSU not looking too bad themselves. Ark has the only loss in the West and that was in their opener with Auburn, also in the West. From what I have seen, I would be hard pressed to pick an eventual West champ at this date. Much more will be known later when the conference matchups really begin.

As a Vol, it has to be encouraging that the East is noticeably weaker with Kentucky demonstrating that Fla has still not reclaimed their former SOS/Urban form, but also demonstrating Kentucky is much improved. Our next opponent, Georgia, proved to be no world beater yesterday with USC taking them down. Don't forget, too, that TAMU destroyed USC 2 weeks ago which may say something about the strength of the West over the
East again this year.

Plus, I think possibly Mizzou is being undervalued because Maty Mauk is proving to be an excellent and able QB on a still solid team of over-achievers. Only Vandy is a certainty to be a real doormat this year. So I think the East, though weaker than the West, still offers a competitive playground this fall with no absolute leader determined yet. I think it's going to be a very interesting and fun year for SEC football.

And finally, I will get to my main point. Observing some weak defense among East teams so far, and observing some real possibility this Vol Defense could play some ball this fall, the Vols just could compete with all these East teams this year with one caveat. There must be considerable improvement to the O-Line. I'm not sure that our OL may be the weakest in both divisions right now.:compute: And I could go on for hours, but I need a pause for a nap. Suddenly, I made myself quite sleepy.

I have a feeling we're going to see some crazy stuff all year, heck, we already have. Nobody thought TAM would shred SC's defense, then nobody thought SC would beat UGA. I didn't expect it to take 3 OT's for UF to beat UK, and I darn sure didn't think UF's offense would look like a better unit than UF's defense. Shoot, I'm still not sure if UF is still terrible, or if UK is very improved or a little of both..lol. Gonna be a wild year.

And I do think UT has a good a chance as anyone to win the East. They're going to need some luck on the injury front because I don't think they're terribly deep, but they have enough good players to win this thing.

Reactions: 2 people
And I do think UT has a good a chance as anyone to win the East. They're going to need some luck on the injury front because I don't think they're terribly deep, but they have enough good players to win this thing.

I agree.

A little luck has started , both SC and GA have an SEC loss.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree.

A little luck has started , both SC and GA have an SEC loss.

Yep the fact they have already lost is huge. I think many, including myself, are overlooking Missouri. It's like they are just in their own little world up there doing their own little thing

I think at this point South Carolina will win the East and Auburn will win the West.

Florida's god awful, and fortunately, Vanderbilt is worse.

That's all I know.

Both divisions will both be particularly fun to watch this year and no definite champion can be determined yet.

The West is most definitely the strongest of the two with TAMU, Aub, Ala, LSU, and OM looking very good and Ark and MSU not looking too bad themselves. Ark has the only loss in the West and that was in their opener with Auburn, also in the West. From what I have seen, I would be hard pressed to pick an eventual West champ at this date. Much more will be known later when the conference matchups really begin.

As a Vol, it has to be encouraging that the East is noticeably weaker with Kentucky demonstrating that Fla has still not reclaimed their former SOS/Urban form, but also demonstrating Kentucky is much improved. Our next opponent, Georgia, proved to be no world beater yesterday with USC taking them down. Don't forget, too, that TAMU destroyed USC 2 weeks ago which may say something about the strength of the West over the
East again this year.

Plus, I think possibly Mizzou is being undervalued because Maty Mauk is proving to be an excellent and able QB on a still solid team of over-achievers. Only Vandy is a certainty to be a real doormat this year. So I think the East, though weaker than the West, still offers a competitive playground this fall with no absolute leader determined yet. I think it's going to be a very interesting and fun year for SEC football.

And finally, I will get to my main point. Observing some weak defense among East teams so far, and observing some real possibility this Vol Defense could play some ball this fall, the Vols just could compete with all these East teams this year with one caveat. There must be considerable improvement to the O-Line. I'm not sure that our OL may be the weakest in both divisions right now.:compute: And I could go on for hours, but I need a pause for a nap. Suddenly, I made myself quite sleepy.

Just MHO

East - SC (Hard pill to swallow for me)
West - T a&m

Last week people said UGA was unbeatable and a lock for the SEV championship. Now SC will win. The East is wide open with no clear favorite right now.

I was one of the idiots that said GA would go undefeated. "Any given Saturday" is so true in College football. I actually the TN D played the best of the East division teams this week. "D" wins championships.

VN Store

Back