About UGA.....

fade route

Just being honest
I don't know if we will win, but I think we give them all they can handle and are in it in the 4th quarter. Reasons?

1. The bye week will help the Oline tremendously as they can do a ton of film study and work on chemistry, schemes, and fundamentals. I don't think we see that performance from last night any more this season.

2. Hopefully we get Wolfe back at bare minimum, and that opens up another option in the passing game.

3. Our D is playing very well and I don't think UGA has enough offensively to control the game on our D. Gurley, Chubb and co. will get their yards but I don't think they will take over the game like they did against Clemson. I've been impressed with Obrien, jordan W, and Owen W in the trenches. They are more than holding their own. If we can force alot of 3rd downs and make Mason beat us with his arm, I think we will be fine.

4. After Norman, these young pups won't be intimidated between the hedges.

Anyone else subscribe to this line of thinking?

Reactions: 24 people
I'm with you all the way...I think this game gave the coaches what they needed to see from our young line to see what improvements need made, and a tough game like this was good before a bye week, to learn from and analyze and get better at critical points before SEC play.

Reactions: 4 people
post-13085-All-aboard-the-Karma-Train-gif-NpcX.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Vereen and Reeves - Maybin are playing well as are Barnett and Mixon. AJ and Curt are leading the way. :thumbsup:

I don't know if we will win, but I think we give them all they can handle and are in it in the 4th quarter. Reasons?

1. The bye week will help the Oline tremendously as they can do a ton of film study and work on chemistry, schemes, and fundamentals. I don't think we see that performance from last night any more this season.

2. Hopefully we get Wolfe back at bare minimum, and that opens up another option in the passing game.

3. Our D is playing very well and I don't think UGA has enough offensively to control the game on our D. Gurley, Chubb and co. will get their yards but I don't think they will take over the game like they did against Clemson. I've been impressed with Obrien, jordan W, and Owen W in the trenches. They are more than holding their own. If we can force alot of 3rd downs and make Mason beat us with his arm, I think we will be fine.

4. After Norman, these young pups won't be intimidated between the hedges.

Anyone else subscribe to this line of thinking?
I'm right there with you! UGA's defense is almost nonexistent in the passing game. Seems like they are dedicated to stopping the run and just forfeiting any semblance of a pass defense, yet USCe only had to toss 4 passes against them the whole 2nd half yesterday to hang on and beat them. Which shows they cannot stop the run when they dedicate themselves to it and the game is on the line. Gurley is a beast, he does not take a play off, no soft hits, he's not down until he's down. Our kids should see and hear that the next 2 weeks. I know many will think when we beat them, it will be promoted as an upset but not really, UGA is just not very good football team overall. They are great in the running game, have a TE who is solid, but their QB cannot put a pass >10 yds downs field before it floats, he just has zero long ball capability. Our defense will win this game for us.

I agree.

And remember that was the first time out for that o line.

I actually forgot that. We have played 3 games and 3 different o lines.

I don't disagree with the OP, I'm just surprised it came from Fade.

The biggest worry about a game later against Troy is that someone gets hurt for the season i.e. Chuck Webb.
No game is a breather with a possible injury.

9 men in the box to stop Gurley. Cam and Williams/Mosley on islands to defend depleted receiving corp.

We need to run and pass block like the last 20 minutes of OK game and keep making progress on special teams...especially returns.

We're gonna sting them with the Big Orange Swarm!!!!!

VN Store

Back