Worley post-game quote..

LadyinOrange

Trophy Mod
Staff member
“Everybody’s gotta understand how close we were,” Worley said. “I truly believe we were right there in that football game throughout. These young guys gotta understand there’s going to be ups and downs. ... It’s how you bounce from the downs that’s going to be a testament for the hard work we put in.”

Beat Georgia, Justin and I will believe you. Beat the Gators and I will wipe last night's game from my memory forever.

Reactions: 53 people
“Everybody’s gotta understand how close we were,” Worley said. “I truly believe we were right there in that football game throughout. These young guys gotta understand there’s going to be ups and downs. ... It’s how you bounce from the downs that’s going to be a testament for the hard work we put in.”

Beat Georgia, Justin and I will believe you. Beat the Gators and I will wipe last night's game from my memory forever.

That quote shows a lot of leadership by Worley. Georgia does not have a fierce defense, so I think UT's chances are good against them. Regarding Florida, their young safeties were exposed v Kentucky, but their front seven is stout, especially Fowler. I'm interested to see how that UF-Bama game goes next weekend.

Reactions: 6 people
LinO I have to say I do not want to wipe last night's game from my memory. There are a shyt load of DOOFUS COACHED GAMES I WANT TO FORGET. But last night was the beginning of the return to prominence for TENNESSEE. We may have lost the game, but the team played hard and never gave up.

Reactions: 38 people
If the pic 6 was a TD instead it would have been 27-17 with about 10 min to go in the 4th if I recall. It just goes to show you when your defense is showing up and keeping you in games like they were, you can put together a few big plays and be right there in it. With decent pass blocking, I honestly believe we could have won the game. I thought it was going to be a blowout and I was wrong, the score was not indicative of how close it was at one point in the game.

Reactions: 27 people
It sounds weird to say that about a 24 point game, but it really was true. If we get that reviewed fumble before the half and/or stick it in the Endzone on that 100 yard pick 6 play, the scoreboard looks a whole lot different. OU was clearly a lot better, but we played to win on every snap. Last night is the kind of game that would've ended up a 35+ point beat down the last few years.

Reactions: 20 people
It sounds weird to say that about a 24 point game, but it really was true. If we get that reviewed fumble before the half and/or stick it in the Endzone on that 100 yard pick 6 play, the scoreboard looks a whole lot different. OU was clearly a lot better, but we played to win on every snap. Last night is the kind of game that would've ended up a 35+ point beat down the last few years.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

I remember texting a buddy right before the pick 6 saying that there was still a chance, which blew my mind that we were still in the game.

Obviously the pick 6 sealed the deal - but those kids played damn hard and played to win it.

That grit will win us some upsets this year - count on it.

Reactions: 13 people
Love his attitude. We were a mediocre OL away to being a close game. Unfortunately, we have a very very bad OL. They'll grow though.

I'd settle for beating Ky, VU, Chattanooga & anyone else.

Reactions: 4 people
I am handing out "Likes" like crazy in this thread because I agree with most of the posts.

This game was huge for this young team and Worley is 100% correct. it was much better than the score indicated. I am proud of our team and especially proud of Worley he has the "right stuff".

We all get to watch this team grow and mature from here on out and the sky is the limit for our future. It will still be tough this year but we will get better every game and this will be a completely different team that faces OU next year.

go vols

Reactions: 11 people

I'm sorry but we lost by 24 points. You can't pick and choose plays and say we were right there. The results of each and every play effects how the game is played. Our offense was horrible last night and gave us zero chance to win the game. I would rather our QB state the obvious. We sucked and let our defense down. I didn't expect us to win at Oklahoma and with two true Freshman starting on the O-line the result was about as expected but lets not pretend it was closer then it was because it really wasn't. On a side note I would much rather see the beast package with AJ on 3 and 2 from the 4 yard line then Worley forcing throws into the end zone. Dooley at least got something right and why CBJ refuses to consider this as a option is puzzling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I think everybody should feel great, because we were in that game. A few plays here and there and we win it. Butch is doing a great job, and this team will be scary in a year or two.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm sorry but we lost by 24 points. You can't pick and choose plays and say we were right there. The results of each and every play effects how the game is played. Our offense was horrible last night and gave us zero chance to win the game. I would rather our QB state the obvious. We sucked and let our defense down. I didn't expect us to win at Oklahoma and with two true Freshman starting on the O-line the result was about as expected but lets not pretend it was closer then it was because it really wasn't. On a side note I would much rather see the beast package with AJ on 3 and 2 from the 4 yard line then Worley forcing throws into the end zone. Dooley at least got something right and why CBJ refuses to consider this as a option is puzzling.
UT was 2 plays away from being at least 27-16 if not 27-24. Throw in that non fumble and numerous non holds. this game was not a blow out my man.

Reactions: 16 people
Had Croom caught that one in the end zone instead of letting it slip through his hands for a pick and Worley not throw it into quadruple coverage for a pick six, the score "may" have been 24-27. Our defense played very good in the second half. 34-10 doesn't reflect how competitive we made this game.

Reactions: 10 people

I forgive you.

Reactions: 4 people
He's absolutely right. I normally don't play "what if" but if the fumble were called right and Tennessee scores a TD on the three redzone possessions they win 28-27. Learn from it and let's come back and pop Jawjuh in the mouth.

Reactions: 1 person

don't forget all the holding Oklahoma did so our guys wouldn't sack their quarterback.

Reactions: 2 people
UT was 2 plays away from being at least 27-16 if not 27-24. Throw in that non fumble and numerous non holds. this game was not a blow out my man.

What was the final score again? I'm not discouraged by the game and still feel we are on the right track but what good does it do to play the if's and buts game?

It was 24 points but call it what you want. Did you ever really feel like we were going to win the game? All these if this and if that posts are pointless. There wasn't as much difference between the two teams as the score would indicate but it is what it is. Accept it and move on

He was 100% right. The younger guys need to learn from the mistakes of this game. Two weeks to break things down and correct before a road trip to Athens.

Correcting a lack of talent and depth on the O-line isn't going to be easy.

VN Store

Back