Where Are The Threads....

wolfe

....about how bad the offensive line was? Youth is no excuse for how they blocked last night. These guys should be running laps until they puked. Worley wasn't in a football game,he was in an MMA match.

Reminds me of a quote from the first Tampa Bay Bucs coach,John McKay. When asked by a reporter about the execution of his offense,he replied,"I'm all for it".

Reactions: 2 people
Youth is a perfect excuse. We got outmanned by a better OK team, simple as that. Yes, it was hard to watch, but it's where we are at as a football team, thanks to Dooley's recruiting.

It's kinda sad that the QB stood up for his o-line and a supposed fan is trashing them. Get a life!

Reactions: 23 people
Because nobody wants to admit how wrong they were about this line when they were saying stupid crap like "this line will be smaller, but quicker and more suited for the offense than last years line. There won't be a significant drop off and they could even be better as a unit"

I must have read that a million times. Blood would shoot through my eyes.

Youth is a perfect excuse. We got outmanned by a better OK team, simple as that. Yes, it was hard to watch, but it's where we are at as a football team, thanks to Dooley's recruiting.

It's kinda sad that the QB stood up for his o-line and a supposed fan is trashing them. Get a life!

Of course the QB would stand up for his teammates,he's got class. I guarantee Jones is not too thrilled with the offensive line. This youth stuff is getting old. A couple years ago everyone was saying the Vol veteran offensive front would be great Then they actually started playing ,and was horrible the entire year.

We've had youth on our O-line before (remember Juwan James anyone?), he was a true freshman, but he wasn't surrounded by other true freshman.

I find it hard to believe that our O-line and D-line recruiting fell off the face of the earth the way it apparently did in 11 and 12.

Of course the QB would stand up for his teammates,he's got class. I guarantee Jones is not too thrilled with the offensive line. This youth stuff is getting old. A couple years ago everyone was saying the Vol veteran offensive front would be great Then they actually started playing ,and was horrible the entire year.

So you take a bunch of 18 and 19 year old kids that have never played on the road, much less against the #4 team in the country, put them in that situation against 4 and 5 year seniors from a Power 5 conference in the third week and expect them to be NFL quality?

Get real dude. Youth is a factor here whether you admit it or not. Most were playing in High School this time last year. And that's a huge jump in anyone's world.

Reactions: 13 people
....about how shi**y the offensive line was? Youth is no excuse for how they blocked last night. These guys should be running laps until they puked. Worley wasn't in a football game,he was in an MMA match.

Reminds me of a quote from the first Tampa Bay Bucs coach,John McKay. When asked by a reporter about the execution of his offense,he replied,"I'm all for it".

You don't punish guys for being inexperienced and not physically equal to the guys they were going against. Do you know much about the game of football?

Reactions: 11 people
Because nobody wants to admit how wrong they were about this line when they were saying stupid crap like "this line will be smaller, but quicker and more suited for the offense than last years line. There won't be a significant drop off and they could even be better as a unit"

heard that the entire off season too.

Ding Ding Ding, Johnny.....We have a winner of the dumba$$ post of the day.
Congrats Wolfe. Here's your sign..........

....about how shi**y the offensive line was? Youth is no excuse for how they blocked last night. These guys should be running laps until they puked. Worley wasn't in a football game,he was in an MMA match.

If I am not mistaken, that Sooner team done just about the same thing to Bama last year with a veteran O line?? We are young and yes we screwed the pooch with Dooley and recruiting and we are paying for it now!!

Reactions: 1 person
I just told somebody that last night was an infomercial for why true freshmen o-linemen never see the field.

Think about it...the fact that you have to ask "where are the threads" should tell you something. Very few people agree with you.

/thread

Reactions: 7 people
Because everyone knows it we should have won that game last night. The officiating cost us that game, not the o line, not Bajakian. The Officials won that game for Oklahoma to make EasSPN and the NCAA happy. Those calling for Bajakian are the same ones calling for Jancek before the season. No reason to respond those goofballs.

I hope everyone understands this was probably the best D-line we will face all year. That's literally what they are known for. O-line will be uphill from here.

I believe you are thinking of the DL that that was said about and it does apply. Everybody knew that we were replacing the entire OL, and some of us hoped that there would be little drop off, but we never said that new guys like T. Coleman, Blair, and Kendrick would be "smaller and quicker." :question:

Reactions: 3 people
We heard all fall camp from posters that Crowder, Kerbyson were great, just waiting their time to play., even Jackson. Thise three have been in the program for YEARS and looked really bad all season and that is being kind.

it is tennessee football. it is to be expected. all we have is excuses and what if's. 3 yrs from now we will still be young the coaches still won't be blamed and we will still be lucky to have a winning record.

It was said the O-line would be a problem in this game, and it was. Worley never had a chance, just watch the tape again and see how many times he was under pressure and/or on the ground.

it is tennessee football. it is to be expected. all we have is excuses and what if's. 3 yrs from now we will still be young the coaches still won't be blamed and we will still be lucky to have a winning record.

Three years from now we will be the defending SEC champs, or a xxxx's hair away from it.

Did you get passed over in the coaching search?

You seem a bit bitter.

Because everyone knows it we should have won that game last night. The officiating cost us that game, not the o line, not Bajakian. The Officials won that game for Oklahoma to make EasSPN and the NCAA happy. Those calling for Bajakian are the same ones calling for Jancek before the season. No reason to respond those goofballs.

Are you really that stupid? :lolabove:

So you take a bunch of 18 and 19 year old kids that have never played on the road, much less against the #4 team in the country, put them in that situation against 4 and 5 year seniors from a Power 5 conference in the third week and expect them to be NFL quality?

Get real dude. Youth is a factor here whether you admit it or not. Most were playing in High School this time last year. And that's a huge jump in anyone's world.

Every team has young players. I also heard that some of the Vol players never flew on a plane. What the Hell has that got to do with playing football?

VN Store

Back