We can beat Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina

AdamT

Given the erratic play, and the way we performed tonight, to me, there are no reasons that we shouldn't be able to overcome these teams.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they found that Worley suffered from a concussion in the second half. After his head snapped, you could tell he was just glassed over on the sideline and still was able to put up a decent performance (save for the interceptions in goal territory).

At the very least, I think we should be competing heavily for the East within the next year or two.

Not to put the cart before the horse, but I really like what i'm seeing. Our true freshman were referred to countless times throughout the night. With a year of experience under their belt, I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Reactions: 7 people
Given the erratic play, and the way we performed tonight, to me, there are no reasons that we shouldn't be able to overcome these teams.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they found that Worley suffered from a concussion in the second half. After his head snapped, you could tell he was just glassed over on the sideline and still was able to put up a decent performance (save for the interceptions in goal territory).

At the very least, I think we should be competing heavily for the East within the next year or two.

Not to put the cart before the horse, but I really like what i'm seeing. Our true freshman were referred to countless times throughout the night. With a year of experience under their belt, I can't wait to see what the future holds.

I wish I was as confident but after seeing our O-line tonight I put the odds of beating Georgia or South Carolina on the road at less then 10%. Florida here is a toss up.

Reactions: 1 person
I like our chances because of our D. Those words look funny to me as I type them, due to recent years, but this year's D looks faster and I believe can help us stay close in those games. However, we will need to cover the middle of the field better in the passing game.

Reactions: 2 people
I think we have a better D than Sackerlina, and that H Mason doesn't have the tools to beat a team with his arm.

Man I would've loved to have seen us keep all the pieces to our lines from last year and add them to what we've gained.. Would be a HUGE difference.

Reactions: 2 people
This board does this every year after week 3. Just stop. We aren't winning 2 of the games you listed and we will have to catch a break to win one. Inexperience is that big of a deal in close games.

This type of emotional based, knee jerk type reactions, caused the absolutely meltdowns in week 8 when we have 4-5 (expected) losses.

Reactions: 3 people
We have two INT's in the end zone and a non-fumble in a game against a top 5 team and you don't think this team is better than expected? Come on guys, I saw a much closer game than the score because we have a warrior leading both units in Johnson and Worley! This is virtually the same team that beat Bama and I feel like we win this game if it weren't for the age of our O-line.

How they respond is the difference between bowling or watching again at the end of the season. I think we are going to see them shock some teams going forward.

GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: 5 people
Now we face a Bulldog team coming off of a heartbreak loss in Columbia. It doesn't get easier.

Now we face a Bulldog team coming off of a heartbreak loss in Columbia. It doesn't get easier.

Actually they play Troy next week

Last year they lost a heartbreaker to Missouri then turned around and lost to vanderbilt

2011 the lost to Boise st then USCe

2010 they lost to South Carolina and went on a 4 game losing skid

2009 they lost to LSU then us

My point is Georgia gets down when they lose

Reactions: 3 people
OU has one of the best Dlines and some of the best pass rushers in the country. Neither UGA or SC has that kind of defense. Alabama is about the only team we will play that has close to the kind of D OU has. I was not impressed with either UGA or SC defenses.

I am not saying we are a lock to beat those teams. However you that are worrying about the OL maybe overreacting. But continue to worry if you like.

Reactions: 1 person
This board does this every year after week 3. Just stop. We aren't winning 2 of the games you listed and we will have to catch a break to win one. Inexperience is that big of a deal in close games.

This type of emotional based, knee jerk type reactions, caused the absolutely meltdowns in week 8 when we have 4-5 (expected) losses.

Not really. Everybody was saying how screwed we were last year. I'm not seeing anything close to that from the majority this year.

OU has one of the best Dlines and some of the best pass rushers in the country. Neither UGA or SC has that kind of defense. Alabama is about the only team we will play that has close to the kind of D OU has. I was not impressed with either UGA or SC defenses.

I am not saying we are a lock to beat those teams. However you that are worrying about the OL maybe overreacting. But continue to worry if you like.
When a team rushes 3 men and gets an uncontested sack, it is time to worry. Worley has gotten roughed up for 3 straight games. I am honestly worried for his safety.

I thought Worley suffered a concussion also. I even though he may have suffered one against Arkansas St when he scored on that rushing TD. The play calling was terrible, we just run so many plays that gets us negative yards like reverses & throwing the ball outside behind the line of scrimmage & only have one blocker vs their 3 or 4 blockers.The players played hard, but the coaches just got out coached.

VN Store

Back