How do you feel about the OU game?

Is the sky falling after this loss to OU?

• Total voters

vtvol98

my $.02 as well...
Do you want to turn in your Vols card and slit your wrists because Tennessee's performance was so embarrassing or was it about what you expected?

It was as most people being realistic expected. You have true freshmen that were on a high school field last year going against redshirt juniors and seniors. I am not sure how anyone with a sane mind could have expected a different outcome.

Reactions: 3 people
I feel great about the future. Those freshmen are crazy talented. 2015, we should be competitive with anyone. 2016, look out.

Reactions: 4 people
Expected this result. There are very few teams that can win at Oklahoma.

They did better than I expected. The 2 interceptions were back breakers. Players played hard, coaching staff froze at key points in the game. It was very much men (22 year olds) against boys (18 year olds). Defense gets the game ball.

personally i was pleased with this game tonight. maybe im sipping the kool-aid but i thought we were a bounce or two (and a bull**** review) away from this being a nail biter. lot of flashes of talent with some young mistakes. cant wait to see how we develop.

This is the first time where I'm actually somewhat satisfied. Our defense is actually legit and they proved that tonight. Our special teams is improved, not giving up too much extra yardage if any at all on kick and punt cover teams. Devrin young needs to go the second Vic Wharton gets healthy. But I saw a lot of positives I haven't seen in a while, like when Worley had time, he almost always got a solid gain from passing, Jalen Hurd looked like a beast, but our O-Line was just too inexperienced. I can't believe they left Coleman in there for as long as they did. Even if no ones better, you can't leave someone who just lets people go by him in for 4 quarters.

It was what it was and we are what we are. We are a young team that will take our lumps during the growing process. We were matched up against a very good team that are where we wish we could be. We held our own, for the most part, despite relying on kids that were playing on Friday nights this time last year. Tonight was a good measuring stick for us. Are we where we want to be? Not by a damn sight. Are we closer than we were this time last year? I think we are. There is a lot to look forward to out out of the young guys on this team. Anyone bailing on the Vols at this time is a got damned fool!

Reactions: 3 people
They did better than I expected. The 2 interceptions were back breakers. Players played hard, coaching staff froze at key points in the game. It was very much men (22 year olds) against boys (18 year olds). Defense gets the game ball.

The coaching staff comment is my concern.

Would someone tell the best staff in america that 3 n 2 on the 2 to run.. U have two freaking plays

I expected a win and we damn well could of had one. Just a few plays changed the game and even with the poor play of the oline that game was winnable.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not as disappointed as I thought I was going to. Saw a lot of positives. I honestly thought this was going to be a repeat of Oregon before kickoff.

Played better than the score indicated. Especially the D and especially the second half. Considering the OL missed as many blocks as they made the score was not terrible.

Ls suck anytime but they got some good out of the game.

Reactions: 1 person
I've got to put this one behind me.

Cowboys are in town tomorrow.

This... Plus I have a triathlon in the early am and work tomorrow nite... GBO, go Titans, and bring your money to ft Myers Beach tomorrow night, lol

It was what it was and we are what we are. We are a young team that will take our lumps during the growing process. We were matched up against a very good team that are where we wish we could be. We held our own, for the most part, despite relying on kids that were playing on Friday nights this time last year. Tonight was a good measuring stick for us. Are we where we want to be? Not by a damn sight. Are we closer than we were this time last year? I think we are. There is a lot to look forward to out out of the young guys on this team. Anyone bailing on the Vols at this time is a got damned fool!

Bailing? No but if u r not concerned about certain aspects of this team that continue to linger from last yr .. I would say look in the mirror for fools..

This off system has issues against good teams. N this staff sucks at attacking an opponents weak spot.. We run the same plays regardless which is stupid..

I've got to put this one behind me.

Cowboys are in town tomorrow.

stoops even said if he could put 100 points on an sec team he would, we were that team..he beat alambama last year got the big head and thought he would throttle our team he did not throttle...he beat us. but he did not do it as he liked..no more insults or ignoring this team...

I've never felt so conflicted about the outcome of a game before, especially one that was a 24 point loss. On one hand, we were a Croom catch and a OU arm tackle away from the game being 27-24 -- a game in which our defense didn't play too bad, mind you. On the other hand, Worley was lucky he wasn't carried out on a stretcher and our offensive line got exposed big time tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back