"Look at all those freshman. Future is bright."

CA_Vol

We have been breaking records for playing freshman for 5 years now. I am so sick of waiting for the future & in the meantime getting continually embarrassed in games I used to look forward to.

I am very proud of the effort our team gave tonight. They played their hearts out. But, I watch a ton of football, and I have never seen so many players, coaches, refs, etc, over such an extended period of time, fail to make the plays that could be the difference between getting blown out and staying in it.

Whether it's too many players on the field; dropped passes; int's in the endzone; fumbles going into the endzone; awful play calling in crucial situations; questionable penalties; questionable play reviews; we just don't ever seem to make, get, or create the plays needed to turn this thing around.

Tonight is a perfect example of what we have gone through as a program over the last decade. Literally 3 plays are the difference between a blow out and a potential monumental, program changing victory.

1) Refs review of OU fumble goes to OU
2) Croom let's a TD pass go through his hands for an int in the endzone
3) Worley throws an int in the endzone. Returned for a TD, on an awful play call.

This is a program that deserves a freaking break, and I for one can't wait until we catch one.

Reactions: 5 people
We beat USCe last year.

We will beat a ranked team this year and make a bowl game.

We will then finish with another top 10 class that fills needs.

CKB has already done more in his first year and 3 games than Dooley and ******* did combined or ever would. Give it time.

Reactions: 4 people
We got a break last year vs South Carolina. This might have been the best team in the country. Step off the ledge.

Reactions: 10 people
We have been breaking records for playing freshman for 5 years now. I am so sick of waiting for the future & in the meantime getting continually embarrassed in games I used to look forward to.

I am very proud of the effort our team gave tonight. They played their hearts out. But, I watch a ton of football, and I have never seen so many players, coaches, refs, etc, over such an extended period of time, fail to make the plays that could be the difference between getting blown out and staying in it.

Whether it's too many players on the field; dropped passes; int's in the endzone; fumbles going into the endzone; awful play calling in crucial situations; questionable penalties; questionable play reviews; we just don't ever seem to make, get, or create the plays needed to turn this thing around.

Tonight is a perfect example of what we have gone through as a program over the last decade. Literally 3 plays are the difference between a blow out and a potential monumental, program changing victory.

3) Worley throws an int in the endzone. Returned for a TD, on an awful play call.

This is a program that deserves a freaking break, and I for one can't wait until we catch one.

Better days aren't far away and it's not blind faith. We are seeing it unfold on the field.

Im with you. its been a damn rough decade.

Reactions: 1 person
I posted this in a different form but think it belongs here

Played a drinking game during the game, how many times someone said true freshman for Tennessee. Was hammered before the game started. I'm joking I didn't do that, but even Herb said it during the game he probably said it over 100 times. It just shows you how young we are. I'm very proud of TN tonight we fought hard we are just very very young. So when we play over 22 freshman (the most of any team in NCAA) it is a valid excuse

We got a break last year vs South Carolina. This might have been the best team in the country. Step off the ledge.

No we didn't get a break vs SC. I am getting tired of hearing that BS. We played a great game and were the better team that day. Period.

We also caught a break when Dooley got fired.

Like for that... I thought he shouldn't have stepped off the field as Tennessee's coach after the Mizzou game a few years ago... We're coming back, but it's not going to be seen in a game away at #4!

I posted this in a different form but think it belongs here

Played a drinking game during the game, how many times someone said true freshman for Tennessee. Was hammered before the game started. I'm joking I didn't do that, but even Herb said it during the game he probably said it over 100 times. It just shows you how young we are. I'm very proud of TN tonight we fought hard we are just very very young. So when we play over 22 freshman (the most of any team in NCAA) it is a valid excuse

so whats the excuse next year? I dont care how young we are. Adrian peterson should have won the Heisman as a freshman. We didnt HAVE to play 22 true freshmen. We could have filled their spots with more experienced players. and if we did that and got smoked.. whats the excuse? I'm tired of every excuse. We got beat. Plain and simple. We get beat 7 times a year now a days and i'm GDed tired of it!

Breaks are not the kind of things a team deserves. Breaks are what a team plays for and makes. And when one comes their way, they score. Oklahoma did that tonight.

Last edited:
Was watching the 1st half with a bammer and an OSU fans... They KNOW how dangerous we are going to be... Flame away, sunshine pumpers.

No we didn't get a break vs SC. I am getting tired of hearing that BS. We played a great game and were the better team that day. Period.

Semantics. Rephrase that into "something good happened to our team" if it makes you sleep better. It all means the same thing. Terrible things have been happening to this team for years, that was something good. Whatever.

Breaks are not the kind of things a team deserves. Breaks are what a team plays for and makes. And when comes their way, they score. Oklahoma did that tonight.

I agree with you, but if was lumping in the fan base w/ the "program".

so youre saying oklahoma made those big12 review officials call that a non fumble? ok... :clapping:

they didn't call it a non-fumble… the play stood

if you don't know the difference, then get a valium Rx because this will happen to every team in every game ever played… but you'll only notice the ones against TN

If this games didn't scream "Early Playing Time for the Taking" for some of the premiere OL recruits....what will it take? This is a very good team, apart from the OL. Bring in OT Richmond and a few road-grading OG's and that problem could get solved quick.

Reactions: 3 people
they didn't call it a non-fumble… the play stood

if you don't know the difference, then get a valium Rx because this will happen to every team in every game ever played… but you'll only notice the ones against TN

Ref said the knee was down. That is a "non-fumble".

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back