O Line

1Ooltevol

I know this is Butch's team and his second year at the helm, but we are paying "big time" for Dooley 's failure to sign any offensive linemen in his last recruiting class. Inexcusable. Dools is the gift that keeps on giving...

Reactions: 5 people
But folks said these guys were better than later year's guys.

I remember asking the football forum specifically that. SEVERAL said we would be just the same because we would be younger, but quicker. :crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
Oline cost us a lot tonight. Maybe not a win but they cost us the ability to compete on that level.

sigh

I'm getting sick of saying this but maybe we beat them... next year.

O line played like a bunch of girls afraid to hit..... I don't care if you are young and inexperienced. If you are over 250lbs and can use both legs, you can move quick enough to push up against someone and hold it for 3 seconds. These guys were hitting the D with their hands and then turning their heads and watching them run by.... I am truly shocked at how bad we are here....

Reactions: 3 people
Without a doubt the O-Line is the weak link on this team. Worley got beat up bad tonight. They will get better, and they better start getting better quickly if we're gonna beat any teams in the SEC. Excepting vandy of course.

By FAR the worst OL group in UT football history

I don't think you can discount the impact of Dooley not recruiting a single OL in 2012. We are paying for it now.

And its definitely too early to call them the worst ever. They certainly got owned tonight but time will tell if they learn/develop from this game moving forward.

I clicked the thread expecting to get the "this link does not exist" message....just like our O-line

Everybody knew it was gonna be bad, but at least get a body on the D end. The D end came through untouched several times. These dudes are gonna have to grow up quickly.

Our O-Line tonight reminded me of the AZ Cardinals offensive line.

7ac7b41fd6d55eb57593642ec92ce53ba5caf32ce6dcfa347ab323fd79e44857.jpg

Surprising how bad Crowder, Kerbyson and Jackson are. All 3 are 22/23 men and got abused all night by the NT and DE and never had an a clue what to due with Striker

This is a major problem for us, I've not missed a Tennessee game in 13 years and I've never seen the line in such bad shape. I expected us to be bad but not awful. #18 for OU, Striker I believe is his name needs to send Coleman Thomas a check for the abuse he put on him, it was embarrassing!

I don't think you can discount the impact of Dooley not recruiting a single OL in 2012. We are paying for it now.

And its definitely too early to call them the worst ever. They certainly got owned tonight but time will tell if they learn/develop from this game moving forward.

Based on the fact that Worley was on the ground for 75% of pass plays in the 2nd half I would say yes, this is the worst OL in UT history.

Surprising how bad Crowder, Kerbyson and Jackson are. All 3 are 22/23 men and got abused all night by the NT and DE and never had an a clue what to due with Striker

Ummm, Coleman Thomas was on Striker all game.

And when the NT broke through it was usually against Jashon Robertson on Thomas' side.

Did you watch the game?

FWIW, Thomas got better as the game went on. By the 4th quarter he was actually getting a body on Striker and not letting him just blow right by.

The O/L is so bad at fundamentals....at some point O/L coaching should be held accountable. Right?

This. I hate to say we need to already get rid of a coach because of the past, but it's really hard to guage Mahoney. Last year, our guys weren't fit for the system. This year, they're young. My gut tells me Mahoney isn't that good of a coach.

We'll never know how much he'd have played, but it's starting to become obvious that we really needed Charles Mosley to give us an extra body on the OL this year.

I agree with your first point, and I hope your second point is the case

VN Store

Back