Props to DC John Jancek & Defensive Staff

DERELICK_MY_VOLS

WARNING : READER AGGRESSION IS ADVISED
Many on here have hated on him and Willie since day one. With that said our defense is legit. One more recruiting class....add a true SEC elite DT Mr. McKenzie...SEC EAST LOOK OUT! Don't think any other offense we will face this year will be any where as explosive as OU. As this season goes on....we get more game speed experience...teams are going to dread facing the Big Orange!

Reactions: 34 people
Agreed. I thought the product on the field was a lot better than the score showed. They passed the eyeball test. Getting better week by week. This is a good team. I haven't thought or felt that way in years.

Reactions: 13 people
Defense played better than I expected. Major growing pains with the OL, which was expected.

The defense was absolutely respectable tonight. Looks like they will be able to keep us in some ballgames.

Reactions: 1 person
This D will win a game or two this year. Unfortunately the O line could be missing most of the year.

Reactions: 3 people
#4 ranked team on the road...not an easy task with such a young team. The bye will help us schematically on the o line.

Reactions: 2 people
We could have won this game. I'm very proud of this team.

I look forward to the Sooners' visit to Knoxville next year.

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 5 people
The defense will keep us in some big games this season. I 100% believe our Vols will make a bowl game this year, and the defense will be a big part of that.

I don't know what kind of drugs would make someone say the D was "lights out" it was ok. But you have to question whoever is continuing to let ladarrell mcneil play. He is a pathetic player and has allowed more big running plays than anyone in Tennessee history.

Props to the def and the effort from the fellas on offense. The OC put Worley in some pretty low percentage situations many times. The chance to cut it to 10 points and the interception 100 yard return still has my head spinning.

Butch seriously needs to get a competent play caller to Knoxville. He doesn't coach in the MAC or Big East. Get a serious offensive mind in there...

Many on here have hated on him and Willie since day one. With that said our defense is legit. One more recruiting class....add a true SEC elite DT Mr. McKenzie...SEC EAST LOOK OUT! Don't think any other offense we will face this year will be any where as explosive as OU. As this season goes on....we get more game speed experience...teams are going to dread facing the Big Orange!
Yeah...you get Khalil McKenzie and Tuttle in that DT mix and this defense does BAD THINGS, man! :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU8gvF6WCIk[/youtube]

After seeing this D tonight I think we are an OF line away from competing.

Line played hard. Just young and thin. We are an OL away from winning games. But we have an OC that makes irrational play calls. Just totally ****ing irrational. Goes against the fundamentals of the damn game. Makes no sense. He even used Croom in place of North when they were decent play calls. Croom over North. North would have owned Sanchez in that corner.....

Props to the def and the effort from the fellas on offense. The OC put Worley in some pretty low percentage situations many times. The chance to cut it to 10 points and the interception 100 yard return still has my head spinning.

Butch seriously needs to get a competent play caller to Knoxville. He doesn't coach in the MAC or Big East. Get a serious offensive mind in there...

You could have Chip Kelly & Mark Helfrich calling plays tonight and it wouldn't have made a difference. The offensive line just sucks.

#4 ranked team on the road...not an easy task with such a young team. The bye will help us schematically on the o line.

After 3 weeks if college football I can honestly say...OU's defensive squad looks as good as Saban's 2 NC title teams' defenses. UT will face some really good D's as the year goes on but not this damn good. This beating our Oline took is a good learning tool for SEC play...as crazy as that sounds.

Reactions: 3 people

I agree spot on and I must say I was a doubter

Defense played lights out all night.

Some of you guys need to put down the Orange Kool Aid. OU had 455 yards and 6.8 yards per play. That is considered lights out? Let's be real. While Jancek/Martinez aren't the absolute abomination that is Bajakian, they are pretty bad.

I'm so proud of the defense especially they never quit and we're laying links till last play. Butch has us in right direction. Offense blew 2 red zone opportunities that if scored would been a very respectable game. And for all haters.....did u really expect us to win... come on....we have a damn good shot a the sec. This was the one game bother me the most

You could have Chip Kelly & Mark Helfrich calling plays tonight and it wouldn't have made a difference. The offensive line just sucks.

Wrong. They got whipped but the Vols had chances. Running the ball would have cut it to 10 points. I liked the play call to the corner but he had Croom there and not North. Very costly irrational decisions plain and simple......

Could have easily been a 27-24 game and should have been

Suck.....way out classed. But still don't think they will face that good of a front 7 the rest of the year.

VN Store

Back