My upset alert is UT at Oklahoma

Joe Vols

Of all of the games that are being played this weekend that would truly be considered an upset, I believe the UT Oklahoma game is the most probable one to occur.

Reason one. Butch Jones was very confident in his press conference, he even reiterated that we have played quality opponents so far this year; Insinuating that Oklahoma I has not.

Reason two. I believe that he believes UT will win this game, and I believe he has these kids believing they will win this game.

Reason three. I believe this team has invested the time, and work to deserve to win, and it is showing on the field in every phase of the game.

The last reason. The last team that Butch coached against OU, almost walked off with a win. It took some last minute heroics to beat that Cincinnati team, and I believe this team is more talented than that one.

Win or lose, I'm excited about this game. Go Vols!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 29 people
Of all of the games that are being played this weekend that would truly be considered an upset, I believe the UT Oklahoma game is the most probable one to occur.

Reason one. Butch Jones was very confident in his press conference, he even reiterated that we have played quality opponents so far this year; Insinuating that Oklahoma I has not.

Reason two. I believe that he believes UT will win this game, and I believe he has these kids believing they will win this game.

Reason three. I believe this team has invested the time, and work to deserve to win, and it is showing on the field in every phase of the game.

The last reason. The last team that Butch took into Norman, almost walked out of there with a win. It took some last minute heroics to beat that Cincinnati team, and I believe this team is more talented than that one.

You, sir, don't get an upset alert!

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah...those glasses aren't orange colored at all... ;)

I hope you're right, my friend. I'd love to watch us beat Stoops and his boys, but I just don't see it happening. We're just too young and our OL is too porous right now. Give it another year (or better two) and I think we'll give anyone a run for their money.

Here's to a good game. :toast:

Reactions: 4 people
Might have a shot at them next year in Neyland. OU's record at home is crazy. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see Tennessee winning this one. I will be happy if we keep it close.

Reactions: 2 people
We are a 21pt dog. Any bold sunshine pumpers out there betting this one? I don't gamble, but I wouldn't touch this one with a 10ft pole.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm pretty sure Butch hasn't taken a team to Oklahoma. His first year at Cincy, Oklahoma came to Cincy

The last reason. The last team that Butch took into Norman, almost walked out of there with a win. It took some last minute heroics to beat that Cincinnati team, and I believe this team is more talented than that one.

They did not play in norman..But i hope you are correct about the upset

I love our fanbase. Here is the template a LOT of our fans followed this season

We are going bowling, we can find 6 wins>>>>>Ok we beat the brakes of USU we may be better than we thought>>>>>>ASU sure was a lot better than we thought but we handled them, kept it Vanilla, w/s>>>>>>>WE ARE GONNA UPSET THE SOONERS

Then fast forward to Saturday night about midnight>>>>>>>>>>> FAHR BUTCH, WE SUCK AGAIN, HERE GOES ANOTHER 5-7 season etc...

I think everyone needs to take a step back and be hopeful but understand exactly where our program is right now which is extremely skilled but young and inexperienced. Hell almost a 3rd of the team will be taking their first trip on an airplane muchless playing in front of a hostile fanbase and a top 3-4 team in the country.

Yes anything can happen but I have said many times I think this would be the biggest upset in UT history if we were to somehow win.

Reactions: 10 people
I love our fanbase. Here is the template a LOT of our fans followed this season

We are going bowling, we can find 6 wins>>>>>Ok we beat the brakes of USU we may be better than we thought>>>>>>ASU sure was a lot better than we thought but we handled them, kept it Vanilla, w/s>>>>>>>WE ARE GONNA UPSET THE SOONERS

Then fast forward to Saturday night about midnight>>>>>>>>>>> FAHR BUTCH, WE SUCK AGAIN, HERE GOES ANOTHER 5-7 season etc...

I think everyone needs to take a step back and be hopeful but understand exactly where our program is right now which is extremely skilled but young and inexperienced. Hell almost a 3rd of the team will be taking their first trip on an airplane muchless playing in front of a hostile fanbase and a top 3-4 team in the country.

Yes anything can happen but I have said many times I think this would be the biggest upset in UT history if we were to somehow win.

I would argue the ones that typically do what you're describing are the ones that think we'll win Saturday night in Norman.

I would argue the ones that typically do what you're describing are the ones that think we'll win Saturday night in Norman.

Don't get me wrong I am a Vol fan and a homer BUT

I hope we win the game
I hope we go 12-0

But then I wake up and realize 6 wins MAYBE 7 would be an amazing season for this squad and one of them in all likelihood will not be the Sooners.

Reactions: 2 people
According to my lucky penny which isn't notoriously lucky we will lose but only by 12. Which will give us some confidence when we go to Athens and take Pearson and a healthier Wolf along for the ride.

Butch ain't skeered. If we can keep our guys focused, weather the 1st half nerves, then we can at least earn some respect. It's a tall order to say we can win this one, but the pressure is on them. They are expected to put the beat down on an sec team. If we come out strong, rattle their game plan, we can at least keep it interesting. I think we WILL put up the good fight Saturday

The penny also said we will be victorious against Bama. TIFWIW. It has us losing to Ole Miss however. It could just be tired.

Reactions: 1 person
I think something crazy is going to happen on Saturday night. I see OU messing around and letting UT hang around into the 4th quarter. Also, our guys are so young they may not realize they are supposed to lose. I do not see a win but some folks in Vegas are going to be pissed.

I think something crazy is going to happen on Saturday night. I see OU messing around and letting UT hang around into the 4th quarter. Also, our guys are so young they may not realize they are supposed to lose. I do not see a win but some folks in Vegas are going to be pissed.

They will not be pissed, they are counting on the juice.

So, in summary, this could be a probable upset because:
1. BJ is confident.
2. BJ and the team believe they can win this game.
3. The team has worked hard and appears to be improved.

I think all of those points can be applied to OU as well.

4. As mentioned down this thread, BJ has never brought a team to Norman.

Good Luck on Saturday.:thumbsup:

VN Store

Back