TN/OK Recipe

99bubble

Here's what I think we need to keep it close and have a chance to win.

Chime in if you want to expand on something or add to it.

1) Our defense has to not only show up, but a score from them is a must I think. Preferably a pick 6 by the half.

2) Worley has to continue to complete 60% + of his passes. I am worried he might get back to the 50% range we have seen against good teams.

3) Special teams need to help out with field position, to the point that a good return somewhere leads to some points on the board.

4) Pressure their QB. I think he can be rattled with some pressure. Hit him early and often.

5) In that same vein, A.J. needs to hit beast mode and stop their run game from getting large chunks. They may well get 150-200 yards on the ground but I want to see them have to earn every bit of it. Less than 5 yards per carry would help out a lot.

6) And finally, we need another break somewhere along the way. Either a turnover by them when they are close to scoring, or some missed field goals for them along the way.

If we can get most of these in our favor then I think we are in it in the 4th and can pull out the major upset. Just watching the crowd get silent late in the second half would be huge for our young team.

The recipe for my vol kool aid is - 1/4 cup cola, 1/2 cup tequila and 1/4 cup moonshine...this works as either the celebration or make me forget recipe .....

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee might win if:

Defense holds OU to <25 points
Tennessee wins special teams
Worley hits deep ball multiple times
Running game crosses LOS 80% of the plays

Reactions: 1 person
Worley has to get the ball out of his hand quick...especially early on.

I'll need to get started around noon before switching to straight jack at game time.

These two things are critical for our success on Saturday.

You need to move this to Game Day Recipe Ideas!!
:crazy::clapping::dance2:

now.. what did I do with that can of "defense needs to show up??":question:

Last edited:
I think we have to be aggressive on defense to disrupt a very good qb that will destroy us if he has time. Our Dbs need to be on point the whole game in order to have a chance. The OL has to hold their ground and our RBs have to get the tough yards. Worley just needs to play the way he has the first two games. I think we need at least 3 explosive plays from our WR core to win this game. Medley needs to be 100% on all FGs, and we cant give up any big plays on STs. Basically, we have to play near perfect.

Running game should of been one of the Recipes and maybe #1 on the list. Teams that can run the ball normally do well.....

A non-offensive TD and at least a couple of turnovers might keep us in it. If they play clean, it'll be tough.

Pretty sure this recipe is still valid:

1. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

2. Play for and make the breaks and when one comes your way - SCORE.

3. If at first the game - or the breaks - go against you, don't let up... put on more steam.

4. Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.

5. Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackle... for this is the WINNING EDGE.

6. Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made.

7. Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.

Reactions: 6 people
Reminds me of this..

miracle.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Glass
Ice
Woodford, Belle Meade or Rowans Creek

Repeat often

Seriously the recipe is for Oklahoma to make a ton of mistakes and we capitalize on every opportunity. Thats the only way it stays close this year. Next year in Neyland.....different story hopefully.

My biggest fear is they get a pick six early and Worley gets rattled.
I hope they get the ball first. Don't want to see a quick 3 and out. Then they get the ball near midfield early.

VN Store

Back