Matt Lombardi from CollegeSpun

Well, that's why they play the games. There is always a chance. I'm not holding my breath but it would be one of the all time best upsets of my lifetime.

Reactions: 1 person
Dang it. He had me until he picked SC to beat UGA. Then I scrolled a little ways down and he had E. Carolina beating VA Tech. Seems to be a guy that just likes to go against the crowd a litte.

40-44 is impressive though. If SC does beat Georgia I may start getting hopeful.

Reactions: 2 people
Dang it. He had me until he picked SC to beat UGA. Then I scrolled a little ways down and he had E. Carolina beating VA Tech. Seems to be a guy that just likes to go against the crowd a litte.

40-44 is impressive though. If SC does beat Georgia I may start getting hopeful.

I picked USC to upset Georgia too, but i am probably around .500 predicting this year.

I felt better before I opened up the article. He picked sc vs uga and ecu vs vt. He went with a lot of upsets.

Reactions: 3 people
Has picked Tennessee to beat Oklahoma. Through two weeks, he is 40 out of 44 games picked. SIAP.

2014 College Football Week 3: College Spun’s Staff Picks | College Spun – Social. Local. Consumable. College Sports..

Posted via VolNation Mobile

He's tied for last place too...

In all seriousness, looks like all these guys are either lucky or know something everyone else doesn't, to only have picked 3 or 4 games wrong. I've seen stranger things happen, for example, I remember when (I think it was Stanford?) beat USC at USC a few years back when they were something like a 42 point underdog. Sports are unpredictable so I'd give our boys a chance any day of the week

He's tied for last place too...

In all seriousness, looks like all these guys are either lucky or know something everyone else doesn't, to only have picked 3 or 4 games wrong. I've seen stranger things happen, for example, I remember when (I think it was Stanford?) beat USC at USC a few years back when they were something like a 42 point underdog. Sports are unpredictable so I'd give our boys a chance any day of the week

I think it was Sanford.

Appalachian State beat Michigan in the Big House and we have the Sugar Vols in our storied history. Anything can happen in a football game, that's why they actually play the games.

Reactions: 2 people
I think it was Sanford.

I just looked it up and yeah it was back in 2007 and USC had a 35 home game win streak heading into that. Was Jim Harbaugh's first year there and they had lost to them 42-0 the previous year and went into that game at 1-3 with a backup quarterback and USC at 4-0. Just goes to show anything can happen. But on the other hand, it was a team with Booty at QB so....

All i needed to hear. He's gonna be 41 out of 45 after this one.

3092264.jpg

Reactions: 9 people
The other three guys picked against us and they have the same record this season and another one is 41-3. I suppose they got Ohio State and Stanford wrong, perhaps BYU and South Carolina. It's not like there have been very many upsets in the top 25 at this point. Your almost guaranteed 40 wins.

We busted Miami's home win streak so why not bust OUs to! Our young Vols can do it as long as they can weather the storm early. Our program is way overdue for a big time win.

The ones he missed.

Week 2:
He picked MSU over Oregon
He picked OSU over VTech
He picked Stanford over USC

Can't find week 1 predictions.

Those were all intelligent picks . MSU had Oregon on the ropes . Dunno what happened to Stanford.

I only missed 12 SEC picks all year last year and didn't miss one till week 6, went 90-12 overall. Since I'm obviously an expert, I say UT by 4.

Last edited:
I felt better before I opened up the article. He picked sc vs uga and ecu vs vt. He went with a lot of upsets.

Ecu will beat VA Tech, that win vs OSU wasn't all that impressive. Tech has the big head now playing a noon game against a ECU team that almost knocked off the gamecocks last week. ECU wins 24-10

Who knows, I have faith in our team through thick and thin. Everyone keeps saying that we haven't played a team like Oklahoma yet and while that may be true, they haven't played a team like us either.

We would have beaten Lousiana Tech and Tulsa pretty handidly as well in my opinion and you could say that so far we have played the surperior competition. THATS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES!

I like the way the coaches have approached it honestly. Lose, positive, professional, do your job. Ok is just another bam a.

On a side note. If UCLA walks into texas and beats them I feel for Charley Strong. That might be a back breaker. Mora is about a good a coach there is. This is going to be two flat out excellent coaches going against each other.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back