My "realistic" hope....

1truevol

My "hope" for Saturday's game is to see great effort for four quarters. A team that plays every series as if the score is zero-zero....NO MATTER WHAT! My "hope"...is that we can at least be competitive with a top five program...which would absolutely show progress and continue to build confidence with this young team. My final "hope" is that we can achieve these goals and come out of this game healthy. I wish these players... and our coaches all the luck in the world. They've worked incredibly hard all off season. I just "hope" their efforts and unconditional willingness to compete will make us...and more importantly "themselves"...PROUD! GO VOLS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
I "hope" that the vols defense wrecks the spooners offense and in doing so inadvertently wreck their wagon, throwing the spooners "off course" this season and then their daughter gets dysentery.

Reactions: 5 people
My hope. We win RESPECT. Aside from actually winning the game, playing well enough to win respect is all I ask for.

i hope cbj shows us why we pay him 3m a yr n trust him with a brand that represents so much to so many people.. n agree on staying healthy after the game.

It's not "realistic" to think that a team that might be down by several points in the 4th quarter will play like it's zero-zero. At that point a team has already checked out and ready to head to the locker room.

Last edited:
i hope cbj shows us why we pay him 3m a yr n trust him with a brand that represents so much to so many people.. n agree on staying healthy after the game.[/QUOTE

I hope you learn that money is not the most important thing in life, that you become a longhorn fan so we won't have to continue reading your passive/aggressive posts and that damn boat in your avi hits a log and sinks.:rock:

Oh, and nobody gets injured in Saturdays game.:)

Reactions: 2 people
It's not "realistic" to think that a team that might be down by several points in the 4th quarter will play like it's zero-zero. At that point a team has already checked out and ready to head to the locker room.

No..."true competitors" don't let the "score" of a game dictate their efforts and level of play. Sounds like you don't fit that description.

My hope is that we come out in the beginning of the game and get after their QB. If we can do that and play with a little bit of swagger, it will be a good game. If we get down early and the offense is struggling, we are going to get routed. They have to be fearless and able to ignore the crowd.

Yep and then you finish 4-8:good!:

Not true, I've seen several games where teams have scored say, two touchdown a PAT and made a 2pt coversion to win by one point as the buzzer expires. Also lookup CFB's greatest comebacks. (Please, go spread your poor attitude amongst the rest of the swamp lizzards, especially the team.)

Reactions: 1 person

The only thing you should hope for is that your gators block the other team rather than each other.

Have a Nice day.

My hope that If we get beat badly, Vol fans don't jump of the ledge. IMO this game isn't the measuring stick we should be going by. There are a lot of teams in the country that can't compete against the top 5 teams. I want to see us compete with and beat some teams ranked between 20-25. That's the real measuring stick considering where we've been. Baby steps people, baby steps.

Reactions: 1 person
No..."true competitors" don't let the "score" of a game dictate their efforts and level of play. Sounds like you don't fit that description.

Wasn't talking about "me".... Oregon Ducks game comes to mind.... How did that work out.... :dance:

i hope cbj shows us why we pay him 3m a yr n trust him with a brand that represents so much to so many people.. n agree on staying healthy after the game.[/QUOTE

I hope you learn that money is not the most important thing in life, that you become a longhorn fan so we won't have to continue reading your passive/aggressive posts and that damn boat in your avi hits a log and sinks.:rock:

Oh, and nobody gets injured in Saturdays game.:)

:lolabove:

VN Store

Back