Tennessee vs Oklahoma keys to victory

LittleDTO

This game is all in the trenches.

If the Oline can hold off a 4 man rush and force Oklahoma to rush 5 on passing downs, we have a chance to compete. The defensive backs will be in press coverage and Oklahoma will blitz all day long.

The ability for Worley to have time to pass and our WR to get off the line cleanly is crucial because we won't be able to run the ball at all.

Defensively, it's the same. Oklahoma is huge on the OL and will run downhill at us. If UT can stop the run, then I like our chances in the secondary.

Take UT and the 21 points. My prediction

Ok 33 UT 20
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Big unknown is how our first-year and never started before players will react to the national stage. Can they handle it and play ball or not? This will certainly be a key.

4 down territory begins in the 1st quarter past our 40 yard line. No field goals. Gamble on defense to create turnovers, big gambles. Bring the house all night.

Play them straight up and we lose by 40.

D going to have at least 3 turnovers, RB's got to put up huge numbers. Then OU bus must have 2 flats and forget to bring the seniors.

This is why these 4 and 5 players came to Tennessee. To compete and play in big time national games. Just have to man up and play lights out to keep it respective or even win the game. We need to have the attitude that we take a backseat to no one.

OU might not be able to keep up with the fast paced offense....

Not anything against you or anything, but to me, this is a funny comment I've seen from even analysts on ESPN. I'm confused on why OU would have a hard time against a fast paced offense, you know the same offenses most Big 12 teams try to run?

I have faith.

It might be "blind faith"...but it's faith.

underrated Madden like reference

"You're in for a long day when your quarterback gets up looking out his helmet's ear hole."
ZZZZzZzzzZzZzzZZZzzzzzzzZZz
---John Madden

madden.gif

Walk out on your restaurant bill..
Tell some random girl you met that you will call her Sunday Morning..
Leave a "Larry" for someone without notice
Celebrate the win with other VOL fans

OU might not be able to keep up with the fast paced offense....

Sorry...But I don't really see UT as a "fast paced" offense. IMO they get to the line quickly, but really seem to slow down between that and the snap.

GBO

Hope we go Ark St. style and throw the kitchen sink at them. When your out manned, gotta get creative.

I just don't like their strengths versus our weaknesses. Stranger things have happened though.

4 down territory begins in the 1st quarter past our 40 yard line. No field goals. Gamble on defense to create turnovers, big gambles. Bring the house all night.

Play them straight up and we lose by 40.

So, give the #3 team in the country, playing on their homefield, a short field from the jump and don't take points when you can. Well, it's a plan....a bit desperate, but a plan nonetheless.

VN Store

Back