if we had played utah after they beat bama

UTvolz9808

Would every one be saying the same thing as there are with ou?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

say-what.jpg

Well we did play @ Louisville in "the biggest game in Louisville football history" ('91) after they beat bama in the Fiesta Bowl... so I hope this turns out the same result!

are you suggesting the football program of USU is of the same caliber of OU?

Last edited:
Seems to me ou is getting their steam from their win vs the all mighty bama....just doesn't hold much water with me

Seems to me ou is getting their steam from their win vs the all mighty bama....just doesn't hold much water with me

Clarity works wonders. lol.

although the fact they're ranked 4th in the country has something to do with their confidence. Also the media constantly brings up the SEC vs. other conferences things. Other top schools of course can defeat schools in the SEC, the talent is comparable!!! Alabama losing to OU is not that shocking!!! As Boise St. a few years ago showed, when you play one tough opponent a year, maybe two, you can win. Heck, bigger programs can have let down games against inferior talent, it happens all the time. Just look at McNeese St. - Nebraska barely won. I would say top to bottom SEC is the strongest conference when it comes to the most touted recruits and talent and competition among the schools, but its also spread out among the various schools. I would say OU talent is comparable to having SEC type talent. They would do well in the conference! One school however doesn't make or break a conference as a whole and the perception of said conference. I would contend Oregon, Ohio State, USC Florida St., all would do really well in the SEC because of their talent. So i agree with you that their win over Bama shouldn't be seen as big of a deal. Of course I don't think we'll win either.

This should have been your thread title OP. I too , believe they have been over hyped from this one win even if it was aaaalaaabama.

that was the last game, so people remember it most...but, OU did win last game at OSU (hasn't lost more than a couple at home last 4 years) and at Kansas state (also one of best teams at home). And did win at ND in middle of season (1 st home loss in 3 years). So had 4 big wins away from home , impressive for young team.

that was the last game, so people remember it most...but, OU did win last game at OSU (hasn't lost more than a couple at home last 4 years) and at Kansas state (also one of best teams at home). And did win at ND in middle of season (1 st home loss in 3 years). So had 4 big wins away from home , impressive for young team.

It looks like you used Google translate

Oklahoma > Utah. Oklahoma beat Bama after poking at SEC propoganda while giving Saban a month to prepare and watch clips of Stoops and read Stoops headlines. Bama began the Oklahoma game right, Oklahoma punched back and then won by two touchdowns.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back