Best and Worst Case Scenarios for OU

Recoil

Keeping the Gate
What are your thoughts on the possible outcomes of Saturday night's game?

My best case scenario is OU has multiple turnovers, but our offense can't generate much. We keep it close into the 4th quarter, but lose 24-17, with 7 of those points coming from our defense.

My worst case scenario looks like Oregon last year...we hang for a quarter and then get run out of the stadium on their fancy wagon 52-10.

What are your thoughts on the possible outcomes of Saturday night's game?

My best case scenario is OU has multiple turnovers, but our offense can't generate much. We keep it close into the 4th quarter, but lose 24-17, with 7 of those points coming from our defense.

My worst case scenario looks like Oregon last year...we hang for a quarter and then get run out of the stadium on their fancy wagon 52-10.

Your BEST case scenario still has us losing?

Reactions: 15 people
Best case: Vols win

But, I could live with no injuries, and Vols force OK to earn their victory in the 4th qtr.

Worst case: Oregon/Auburn result.

Best scenario- Oklahoma comes out doing their best WKU impression while Tennessee does their '98 Vols impression.

Worst case scenario- We repeat last year's Oregon game to the umpteenth degree and Stoops decides to make a statement.

Reactions: 1 person
Call me a Negavol, but I don't think there's any chance we win. I'll be watching in full HD surround with the volume way up! Don't get me wrong. I really hope we win. Butch has it going the right way. Could you imagine the bump that would give all our efforts both this year and years to come? It would be fabulous. I just don't think it'll happen.

I hope I'm wrong so I can munch on that crow.

Best case a hugh upset win on the road. We would not blow them out but if they lost their QB early then we stand a good chance.

Worst case much worse than Oregon and the barn last year. I am seeing 60 point range or more if Coach BS can hang them on us. This and maybe Baylor if they keep winning with.a backup QB are OU's only chance on national TV. BS, coach of OU, will make us a whipping boy since this might very well be his only chance on TV this year to show off his team.

Best case scenario - players, coaches pick up valuable experience and nobody gets hurt.

Worst case scenario - the opposite

Forget the W/L, this game is an opportunity to grow before conference play.

Reactions: 2 people
Best case - TN wins in a last second or overtime fashion pulling off a huge upset.

Worst case - Oregon 2013 part II.

Best case Vols win by 3,beat a ranked team

worst case is the Vols win by 21 :) we don't want to embarrass Stoops,much

Considering there is a .01% of winning, yes.

.01% percent chance? Interesting.

Just out of curiosity, last year after Texas barely squeaked by an awful Iowa State team (final score 31-30, Iowa state would finish the season with 3 wins) what do you think their chances were of beating Oklahoma? .01%? .00001%?

Just curious because Texas blew out Oklahoma 36-20 the next week.

We likely won't win. But saying we have a .01% chance of winning this one completely erases any bit of football credibility you may think you have.

We'll see who complains the loudest if things go poorly. Sunshine pumpers and bad losses don't typically end well on this message board.

Call me a Negavol, but I don't think there's any chance we win. I'll be watching in full HD surround with the volume way up! Don't get me wrong. I really hope we win. Butch has it going the right way. Could you imagine the bump that would give all our efforts both this year and years to come? It would be fabulous. I just don't think it'll happen.

I hope I'm wrong so I can munch on that crow.

Not being a NegaVol being realistic. It would be the biggest upset in UT history if we were to win. I hope we can keep it within 3 TDs and escape any injuries to key personnel.

But either way I will be watching it in the cove on the boat drinking a good Bourbon either to celebrate or drown my sorrows lol. I expect it to be the latter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Considering there is a .01% of winning, yes.

wrong. historically, teams that are 17-22 point underdogs will win a little more than 5% of the time. 1 out of 20 is bad, but it's nowhere near 0.01%

Not being a NegaVol being realistic. It would be the biggest upset in history if we were to win. I hope we can keep it within 3 TDs and escape any injuries to key personnel.

But either way I will be watching it in the cove on the boat drinking a good Bourbon either to celebrate or drown my sorrows lol. I expect it to be the latter.

it won't be the first miracle win by the Vols :hi:

Yes. I like my crow with barbecue sauce. I'll eat a double portion! :)

A best case scenario =/= a prediction for a win. I don't think we win, but the best case scenario is definitely a W. Worst case scenario is a blowout, 63-10 type loss.

best case - VOLs play with heart, give 100% and never give up...regardless of the score board. In this case it could stay w/in the point spread or open a door

worse case - they fold up like a lawn chair if OU starts to dominate....most likely a humiliating result

VN Store

Back