If this offense had a Dual Threat QB...

CamVol8

In the future we would have a unstoppable offense. With Jalen Hurd and Kamara next year with our receivers we have. We could possibly have the most dangerous offense that we have had here in a long time. The future is bright here! Go Vols! #VolNation
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
My head is going to explode over all these posts thinking dual threat QBs solve everything. It's just not really true in this offense.

Reactions: 11 people
"If" the rabbit had not stopped to s**t the dog would not have caught it. "If" means nothing.

I don't think people realize that Worley can run. On the read option, I wish he kept the ball a little more. Very rarely does he pull it back and run but when he does it usually results in a big gain.

Worley has been elusive this year. I hope he's ready to take it up a notch.

It doesn't so much have to be a dual-threat QB, but one who will take advantage of a situation similar to what Worley did with his TD run against ASU. If the defense stops paying attention to the QB, he should keep it a time or two and make them aware that he might run. It will also open up the field to other offensive threats.

I don't think people realize that Worley can run. On the read option, I wish he kept the ball a little more. Very rarely does he pull it back and run but when he does it usually results in a big gain.

May run more if he wasn't our only viable QB. Got to be careful and not get him hurt.

Dobbs also couldn't run that well. He is more of a pocket passer imo

I'd call him more of a scrambler QB than anything. I hope he's working hard for next year. Him and Peterman will have to step up.

Dobbs couldn't throw the ball. He wasn't dual threat.

Remember how terrible things were last seasons in games against Missouri & Vandy?

A couple of good completed passes and we beat Vandy.

A couple of good completed passes against MIssouri and they stop focusing on our running game and we may have a better game against them.

Need an accurate thrower who can escape the rush when necessary and can run on occasion. Michael Jenkins, former Falcon receiver, said he was glad that Vick left because he never know where the ball was coming from when he ran his routes. If you have one dual threat, you really need at least 2 because 1 will likely be injured if he runs a lot.

VN Store

Back