John Adams - The eternal pessimist of all things orange

Everytime you mention his name...you're voting for his relevance...he has nothing but our reaction to his bull.

Reactions: 12 people
With all due respect, other than Oklahoma having a ridiculous amount of turnovers and handing the game over to Tennessee, I can't think of any reasons either.

Reactions: 1 person
With all due respect, other than Oklahoma having a ridiculous amount of turnovers and handing the game over to Tennessee, I can't think of any reasons either.

Then I say be ready for those turnovers. However it may come, Tennessee wins! Whoo

Reactions: 6 people
Everytime you mention his name...you're voting for his relevance...he has nothing but our reaction to his bull.

This.

Adams is out - and he knows it. So snarky junk is all he has to attempt to gain attention. Ignore him.

Reactions: 2 people
to try to turn this into a serious discussion, what are the reasons all of you would have for tennessee beating oklahoma this weekend?

to try to turn this into a serious discussion, what are the reasons all of you would have for tennessee beating oklahoma this weekend?

Honestly, I know Oklahoma has the advantage in every area possible on paper. The one thing that Tennessee has that Oklahoma doesn't is something to prove. I know some say stoops wants to prove his worth by beating a sec team. He knows we are coming off several losing seasons and to them Tennessee really isn't a big deal. I'm sure their team has these same feelings. This Tennessee team has a different attitude compared to the roll over and quit that has been there the past few years. They believe, and I've watched more than once that bring victory to the under dog. I'm not saying Tennessee is going to win, but I'd bet they fight and have a shot at it. They want to prove something .

99, you obviously miss the point...this is not about TN vs. OK. It's about a total jerk reporter. Not that anyone disagrees...just the way he goes about things.

Reactions: 4 people
99, you obviously miss the point...this is not about TN vs. OK. It's about a total jerk reporter. Not that anyone disagrees...just the way he goes about things.

John just likes to get the UT fans fired up and the news paper is all for it considering that he's been doing it for years. Since he doesn't candy coat it and has an honest opinion, it can ruffle fans a little.

It's what they all do.

I notice no one ever posts the articles of a Tennessee beat writer who is a homer. Maybe there isn't one, I don't know.

Every fan base has a handful of beat writers that cover the team that they can't stand.

Newspapers are a dying enterprise. No different than a radio shock jock.

The question is does he believe what he says or is he doing it just to get people upset.

we really dont have any reasons or real belief we will beat them. Im sure that makes the gator fan happy.

I don't really care. What difference does it make?

I have said this on numerous occasions, I don't have a hatred for Tennessee. I don't care what happens as long as (a) Florida wins the annual meeting (b) Florida wins the east.

Other than that, Tennessee can win every game 77-0 and I wouldn't care.

I am actually cheering for Tennessee this weekend.

It's what they all do.

I notice no one ever posts the articles of a Tennessee beat writer who is a homer. Maybe there isn't one, I don't know.

Every fan base has a handful of beat writers that cover the team that they can't stand.

Newspapers are a dying enterprise. No different than a radio shock jock.

The question is does he believe what he says or is he doing it just to get people upset.

Its a fine line for most sports media personalities. To keep their ratings or readership, they have to be good at baiting the fan base into outrage and over-reaction. But if they go too far they look desperate and disingenuous. I believe Adams falls into category B.

My reason for hope lies in the fact that OU hasn't been hit in the mouth yet. We could have done the same damage on the teams that they beat. As a matter of fact I think that the teams that we handled easily could smoke Tulsa and Tech also. I'm not here to say that we will win but I sure as h$ll don't think that the only way we can win is play a perfect game and OU just completely spews. By the way I think Adams is Finebaum's half brother. JMO

Reactions: 3 people
I couldn't even click on the link to make a comment. John Adams is crap and I will never read anything from him. Making govolsxtra a pay site was the best thing ever for me. Who would pay to read that drivel? :no:

I couldn't even click on the link to make a comment. John Adams is crap and I will never read anything from him. Making govolsxtra a pay site was the best thing ever for me. Who would pay to read that drivel? :no:

“Let us tenderly and kindly cherish therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write .”

“While our country remains untainted with the principles and manners which are now producing desolation in so many parts of the world; while she continues sincere, and incapable of insidious and impious policy, we shall have the strongest reason to rejoice our local destination. But should the people of America once become capable of that deep simulation towards one another, and towards foreign nations, which assumes the language of justice and moderation, while it is practising iniquity and extravagance, and displays in the most captivating manner the charming pictures of candour, frankness, and sincerity, while it is rioting in rapine and insolence, this country will be the most miserable habitation in the world.”

“A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.”

VN Store

Back