Stoops is busy talking down the SEC again this week

Rooster1

He obviously believes the Sooners are going to play big vs. the Vols.

Wish we could time warp a team from our glory days on the field to shut Bob's damn mouth. As it stands, this will be one of the toughest match ups of the season.

Reactions: 4 people
Actually, he didn't really talk down on them. He was asked about the SEC, and he responded "That's overblown. We don't need to go there again"

Then he was asked about a rivalry with the SEC and he laughed and said he doesn't care about it one way or another, and said "I like it if they're ready to play"

Finally he was asked if the SEC athletes were a cut ahead of everyone else and he said “I don’t know. That hasn’t been the case in our experience.”

That's not really knocking the SEC. That would be speaking the truth. SEC athletes aren't a cut ahead of everyone. The SEC gets more great athletes but they're not better than everyone else just because they're in the SEC.

Reactions: 7 people
cant say i blame him.....i would be pissed too if i was as hyped as OU and couldnt run the table in a mediocre conference.

Reactions: 6 people
stoops doesnt have much ill will towards Jones and his staff. His SEC hate is really towards Saban, Miles and all those guys. I think he respects Jones alot. What Butch is doing is the same thing that Stoops had to do at OU. Bob Stoops is aware of that.

Reactions: 4 people
OU has a winning record against the SEC - and that's not counting their games against A&M and Missouri...

I'd love for us to beat them and all things are possible, but I think were still a year or two away from having the horses and the depth needed to play with the elite (and that's where Stoops has Oklahoma)...

conference #1 at home and #4 ranked vs team who is is rated just above vandy and ky in the SEC.
It's obvious who is going to win. He knows his team couldn't stand up to the weekly grind against the SEC elite. He loses his mobile qb to an injury and they drop multiple games.

conference #1 at home and #4 ranked vs team who is is rated just above vandy and ky in the SEC.
It's obvious who is going to win. He knows his team couldn't stand up to the weekly grind against the SEC elite. He loses his mobile qb to an injury and they drop multiple games.

How can you prove that?

Answer me this, if the SEC was so "tough" why did Missouri win the East last year, and why has TX A&M had so much success?

The Defenses in the SEC aren't "that much" better. They are better and the SEC in my eyes is better than the BigXII but its not by an overwhelming margin.

Oklahoma was killing Missouri and TX A&M and everyone in the SEC struggling against them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
stoops doesnt have much ill will towards Jones and his staff. His SEC hate is really towards Saban, Miles and all those guys. I think he respects Jones alot. What Butch is doing is the same thing that Stoops had to do at OU. Bob Stoops is aware of that.

Stoops won a NC in year 2. OU was not the total rebuild UT is.

Reactions: 3 people

he had serious work to do when he got there. I know youre trying to argue that for some reason. I know he won and im aware of his track record. He was also in the Big 12. I also know his teams are notorious for being overrated. Maybe more than any other team.

Ummmm. Wrong. OUs four losingest seasons in history were the four years before Bob arrived, including two 5 win seasons. He won the title with zero five stars and only a handful of four star players on the roster.

Bob Stoops is a great coach, but one of the whiniest a**holes I've ever heard speak. He whined about the BCS, whined about having to run up the score, whines about the SEC, etc...

Reactions: 1 person
Bob Stoops is a great coach, but one of the whiniest a**holes I've ever heard speak. He whined about the BCS, whined about having to run up the score, whines about the SEC, etc...

Its better than listening to Saban whine about his fans leaving during a 45-0 rout of a team nobody knows that exists.

Or better than Steve Spurrier landing jabs on UT, and everyone else in the conference.

And its surely better than hearing the controversy with Petrino that people still like to bring up for whatever reason.

You think everyone will beat the Vols. You thought USU and A-State was going to beat us too. I am really starting to question whether or not you are a true fan or a troll.

Could it possibly be for a second that he/she is using reverse psychology and its WORKING?

Chill, dude.

:rock:

Its better than listening to Saban whine about his fans leaving during a 45-0 rout of a team nobody knows that exists.

Or better than Steve Spurrier landing jabs on UT, and everyone else in the conference.

And its surely better than hearing the controversy with Petrino that people still like to bring up for whatever reason.

I don't listen to Saban. Listening to Spurrier is better than listening to Stoops because Spurrier is actually entertaining. Who talks about Petrino? He's a great coach.

Also, what does this have to do with Stoops being a whining mangina?

I don't listen to Saban. Listening to Spurrier is better than listening to Stoops because Spurrier is actually entertaining. Who talks about Petrino? He's a great coach.

Also, what does this have to do with Stoops being a whining mangina?

Cuz he was telling the truth everytime.

The BCS sucked. They changed it.

He said the SEC wasn't great, beat Alabama, and the SEC string of national titles is gone.

He whined about running up the score because its bad sportsmanship! What do you not get about that part?

Whining? Maybe trying to help guide the sport we love into a better game.

Plus if you are going to talk to a coach about what changes the game needs you are probably going to talk to one of these guys:

Urban Meyer
Nick Saban
Steve Spurrier
Bob Stoops

There are probably a couple others, that I am missing, but those are the legendary coaches of the game today. And all their opinions matter. People listen.

VN Store

Back