Next year any better?

CarbonVol

I'm not saying this year is over or anything like that, but I see a lot of people saying next year we will be better. Will we really? I know more recruits more depth, more speed, more time in the system etc. My thoughts are we are losing our starting quarterback on offense in Worley as well as our quarterback on defense in AJ Johnson. How do we handle losing that much leadership and take a step forward? I know I'll probably get negavol'd and my house and tailgating trailer burned down but I think next year will be much like this year at best. 2016 will be our year. That is all. Thoughts?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not saying this year is over or anything like that, but I see a lot of people saying next year we will be better. Will we really? I know more recruits more depth, more speed, more time in the system etc. My thoughts are we are losing our starting quarterback on offense in Worley as well as our quarterback on defense in AJ Johnson. How do we handle losing that much leadership and take a step forward? I know I'll probably get negavol'd and my house and tailgating trailer burned down but I think next year will be much like this year at best. 2016 will be our year. That is all. Thoughts?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I will probably get burned at the stake for this but Worley isn't a difference maker at QB. I think by next year Dobbs, Peterman or possibly even Dormandy will be adequate replacements. Losing AJ will hurt but we are building good depth at linebacker and other players will step up and lead on that side of the ball. Both lines will be better next year with more depth. Hopefully with Hurd having a year experience in the system and Scott ready to ball out we will be improved there as well. Secondary and receiver is in good shape and getting better. If Dormandy develops into an elite quarterback we will be competitive with anyone by 2016.

Reactions: 6 people
I really think it depends on who the qb will be next year. Also, we do have to replace the beast. So I am not exactly sure.

I will probably get burned at the stake for this but Worley isn't a difference maker at QB. I think by next year Dobbs, Peterman or possibly even Dormandy will be adequate replacements. Losing AJ will hurt but we are building good depth at linebacker and other players will step up and lead on that side of the ball. Both lines will be better next year with more depth. Hopefully with Hurd having a year experience in the system and Scott ready to ball out we will be improved there as well. Secondary and receiver is in good shape and getting better. If Dormandy develops into an elite quarterback we will be competitive with anyone by 2016.

Ya I guess I didn't quite think about it like that. Worley is solid this year so far, but he isn't much of a play maker I guess. Hopefully we will continue to improve.

Reactions: 1 person
College football is all about momentum, whether on the field or in recruiting during the off season. We're just now starting get some back in the tank after sitting on the side of the road on E for the better part of a decade. It'll be nice to see who steps up to fill the void when Worley and AJ leave.

as a team, UT will have better depth, more experience and another year of continuity (staff and system). Just based off of this alone tells me that UT will be better, team wise. UT does lose some leadership roles but others will step up to fill the void. I think next year UT can be penciled in as bowl bound and 2016 UT will be a contending for Atlanta

I think 8-4 is a possibility in 2015. From what I've seen of the schedule I think they lose to Oklahoma,Georgia,Alabama and Missouri. An 8-4 record in 2015 probably equals a trip to the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl or Gator Bowl.

I think 8-4 is a possibility in 2015. From what I've seen of the schedule I think they lose to Oklahoma,Georgia,Alabama and Missouri. An 8-4 record in 2015 probably equals a trip to the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl or Gator Bowl.

I think we could beat OU in 2015, due to the game being in Neyland.

Reactions: 4 people

I think there is a possible chance vs UGA and OU with both being at Neyland. Anything above 7-5 would be amazing to see after 4 abysmal years though. This is assuming we tank this year which I don't think will happen, I'm banking on 2 SEC victories against non-crappy (Read: Vandtucky) teams to pull out 7-5.

Reactions: 2 people
I think there is a possible chance vs UGA and OU with both being at Neyland. Anything above 7-5 would be amazing to see after 4 abysmal years though. This is assuming we tank this year which I don't think will happen, I'm banking on 2 SEC victories against non-crappy (Read: Vandtucky) teams to pull out 7-5.

Looking at things with Big Orange glasses. I think Tennessee could win 9-10 games in 2016 if the great recruiting and improvement continue(Virginia Tech at Bristol will be interesting)

I have a strong feeling that JRM will really step up in the leadership role replacing AJ. Based on coaches, he knows where everyone needs to line up already given a play. He is a smart player and should do well.

Reactions: 5 people
I have a strong feeling that JRM will really step up in the leadership role replacing AJ. Based on coaches, he knows where everyone needs to line up already given a play. He is a smart player and should do well.

AJ is my favorite Vol this season. He's all hustle all the time. I'd love the Falcons to draft him if possible.

Looking at things with Big Orange glasses. I think Tennessee could win 9-10 games in 2016 if the great recruiting and improvement continue(Virginia Tech at Bristol will be interesting)

Those glasses are the only things that have kept my sanity as a Vols fan in the past 5 years

Also AJ is awesome and watching him will be a blast.

Those glasses are the only things that have kept my sanity as a Vols fan in the past 5 years

Also AJ is awesome and watching him will be a blast.

All the problems UT has had the last few years are about like what Johnny Majors had to deal with from 1977-1983. I just hope it doesn't take 7 years to get back to 9 wins

We are better this year than last year and will be better next year than this year. This playing time will pay off for our young players and hopefully we can let a few classes start waiting behind upperclassmen.

You're predicting we lose to Missouri....next year? :lolabove:

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back