First offensive play vs OU: your choice?

therealitytheory

Mine: play action then deep drop, air it out to a post-route-streaking North. 5-10% chance of success, but at least a message is sent. Roll the dice. Go big or go home.

What would you choose?

Mine: play action then deep drop, air it out to a post-route-streaking North. 5-10% chance of success, but at least a message is sent. Roll the dice. Go big or go home.

What would you choose?

Second your post. Play action to North. Would be worth the risk of an incompletion because it would be huge if it was caught.

play action bomb to smith he hurdles the wagon and defender for the score! game over.

Screen to pig is my guess. The play action would be best!

Something less predictable than a run up the gut. If we go 3 and out and they score on their first drive we could be in for a long day.

Reactions: 2 people
I would choose a 80 play action pass to North...

In reality 2 yard run up the middle.

We haven't gotten a first down on either of our opening drives this year

Reactions: 1 person
Have Malone and Pig line up on one side, North on the other. Fake it to Pig on a wr handoff then go for the bomb to Malone in single coverage. Only way we win is if we take chances which means throwing deep to our almighty wr core.

We start out in the wildcat formation, Pig takes the snap and then throws a screen to Worley who then takes 80 yards for a touchdown.

Reactions: 1 person
Jordan Phillips and Eric Striker plow whichever Tennessee player has the ball behind the line of scrimmage for a 1 yard loss. :rock:

I just know we need to not run it on any of our first 3 plays. Do not let them have the "stack the box" mindset. Make them cover the entire field. If they stack the box, our running game is toast and we get blown out. Let them spend tge entire game running a track meet with our receiver corps. We rotate fresh receiver legs in the whole game. Worley needs to keep the ball about 5 times or so when we do run it. Don't let them key in on the runner only. Respect the qb scramble.

shift to Worley under center with a single back, run the flea flicker to North. Give him 6.

VN Store

Back