Broadcast question

99gator

Congressman
The Oklahoma-Tennessee game is being televised by ABC.

Will the SEC Network be able to show the game on replay during the week like they are doing with all other games during the week?

Don't know how the rights for these things work and if they have the right to re-broadcast games not shown by CBS, ESPN, or the SEC Network.

Games I have seen on SEC Network for "classic" games that were originally shown by ABC is when ABC had a contract with the SEC.

I know I've seen replays of games that were initially on espn, so I'd assume an ABC game could be rebroadcast since SECN, ESPN and ABC are basically one in the same.

ESPN is owned by ABC (who is owned by Disney). All the games on ESPN have been replayed on the SEC Network (which is affiliated with ESPN). So I think the games on ABC are fair game for replays on the SEC Network.

Reactions: 1 person
It's an ESPN game in other parts of the country and ABC game in the southeast. Likely will be on SEC network eventually.

I know I've seen replays of games that were initially on espn, so I'd assume an ABC game could be rebroadcast since SECN, ESPN and ABC are basically one in the same.

ABC owns ESPN and the SEC Network through ESPN. I am sure ESPN-SEC can/will have replays of the game if it is worthy of replay.

If you live in Springfield, Illinois, I watched part of Vandy and Ole Miss, MTSU and Minnesota, Tennessee State vs I don't remember and Jonathon Crompton for the Montreal Allouetes (sp) but did not see any of the Volunteers......Please bring back the ESPN gameplan.... I bet I will not get to watch the Oklahoma game, because I will be blacked out to another game...... unless I plan on watching on Watch ESPN.....If you don't live in the south the SEC network has it all messed up

If you live in Springfield, Illinois, I watched part of Vandy and Ole Miss, MTSU and Minnesota, Tennessee State vs I don't remember and Jonathon Crompton for the Montreal Allouetes (sp) but did not see any of the Volunteers......Please bring back the ESPN gameplan.... I bet I will not get to watch the Oklahoma game, because I will be blacked out to another game...... unless I plan on watching on Watch ESPN.....If you don't live in the south the SEC network has it all messed up

You will not. The Oklahoma game will be on ABC in every market, all over the country.

The SEC Network is nationwide, so I don;t understand how it has messed anything up. It's available to everyone that subscribes to cable and satellite.

VN Store

Back