Tennessee vs Arkansas State: OFFENSE & DEFENSE play by play (video)

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Reactions: 12 people
It's been said a million times, and it will and should be said a million more:

Thanks for posting these.

really enjoy your vids.
Puts things into perspective.

Glad to see this. Didn't see the game. Have been interested how the offense looked, especially with the run. I do see some positives.

Freak, you are clearly too positive for Volnation!

You will need to ban yourself, sorry but its for your own good! :blink:

Love the analysis though! :hi:

It's like I imagined it would be this year. Our line does not get any push, thus the lbs are in position to scrape and finish the plays. If it weren't for our backs running hard, our running game would be non existent. I imagine Okies dl is gonna move the los back into the backfield even more. This is our Achilles heel this year. Thank goodness they pass block decently for the short passes and several of the longer throws. Worley is carrying us right now along with our great wrs. At least the dl has been a pleasant surprise. Thanks for the video freak.

This has been said a few times too, but I'd love to see Justin Worley keep a few more times.

I can't believe people can watch that vid and say Worley didn't throw the ball well on 90% of his passes. That's just plain denial or just a lack of understanding of football

Reactions: 2 people
One thing that sticks out to me is how few running plays involve a pulling guard. I know that with a spread offense that zone blocking is more common but my gosh I think I counted one running play where the guard pulled. I saw a few where the tight end was actually pulling to block. Our linemen are failing miserably at getting to the next level on those zone blocking schemes and that it was is causing our run game issues.

I'm hoping that us keeping the play calling very basic is due to not having to open it up versus not having the ability. It is not secret to anyone that we have ran the same running plays over and over again.

One thing that sticks out to me is how few running plays involve a pulling guard. I know that with a spread offense that zone blocking is more common but my gosh I think I counted one running play where the guard pulled. I saw a few where the tight end was actually pulling to block. Our linemen are failing miserably at getting to the next level on those zone blocking schemes and that it was is causing our run game issues.

I'm hoping that us keeping the play calling very basic is due to not having to open it up versus not having the ability. It is not secret to anyone that we have ran the same running plays over and over again.

We run counter every know and then, but 95% of our runs are zone. I do agree that more power and counter could be effective.

Really appreciate the work that has gone into this. It's outstanding! Any chance we can get the defensive plays at some point like you did with Utah State? :)

Really appreciate the work that has gone into this. It's outstanding! Any chance we can get the defensive plays at some point like you did with Utah State? :)

Hope to post it tonight.

From what I see... The front line learned quite a bit from the first half to the second. They would get penetration but not over pursue as much. In the 3rd we put up a 3 man front that didn't work for a few plays, never tried again. At 6min we showed 4 man and had one drop back for spy. I think every time we ran that it worked closing the middle of the field and got a sack out of one(would love to see more of that). Linebackers tend to play way to close leaving middle of field open at times.

I was impressed by our ability to tackle in the open field...especially against some quick players

It's like I imagined it would be this year. Our line does not get any push,

I just watched the whole video and only focused on the OL. I thought they got more push than I was expecting. Not getting to the second level as earlier mentioned, but definitely getting a push on most running plays. OK may push the LOS back, but ASU wasn't.

VN Store

Back