I see the weeping and gnashing of teeth has begun

landscapingvol

some of you are hilarious, if you can't see the improvement in talent and overall team speed you are blind. Last year had we played that ASU qb he would still be running around and would have compiled no less than 600 yards on the ground. We played uninspired ball against a very solid team and still won, that is a sign of an improved team.

Reactions: 22 people
some of you are hilarious, if you can't see the improvement in talent and overall team speed you are blind. Last year had we played that ASU qb he would still be running around and would have compiled no less than 600 yards on the ground. We played uninspired ball against a very solid team and still won, that is a sign of an improved team.

Definite progress has been made but we didn't get into this mess over night and we ain't getting out of it over night either. We got a lot of catching up to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

Everyone is happy with the win. I just think there are some genuine concerns people are taking away from the last 2 games.

1.) The lack of a successful running game against 2 defensive fronts that we really should have dominated. If we had played LSU and Alabama the last 2 games I wouldn't be as concerned. However we should have had success running the ball against UTU and ASU.

2.) The inability to complete the deep ball. All the "dink dunk" 5 and 10 yard hitches aren't going to continue to work against SEC competition. We are going to have to show a deep ball threat once in a while.

3.) Injuries. 2 games and we have already had 3 serious injuries to key people, one of them season-ending. Attrition is already killing us and we're only 2 games into the season.

4.) Special teams were downright awful today. Another missed field goal, falling for a fake punt, No real return threat on kick off. Inability to kick the ball through end zone.

Reactions: 10 people
Enough progress to go into Oklahoma and win? NO

WTF is your deal troll? we are talking about being glad we have improved from last year. And your in here trying to start krap like we are talking about blowing out Oklahoma..

Go back to Norman if you can even find it on the map :lolabove:

Reactions: 11 people
Absolutely there has been progress. But don't be ridiculous in thinking we can hang with Oklahoma. We couldn't even run against Arkansas State or Utah State. We'll be first to be one demential and it'll be tough on Worley

Reactions: 1 person
Everyone is happy with the win. I just think there are some genuine concerns people are taking away from the last 2 games.

The inability to complete the deep ball. All the "dink dunk" 5 and 10 yard hitches aren't going to continue to work against SEC competition. We are going to have to show a deep ball threat once in a while.

Lol. Worely was throwing dimes all over. He had a lot of good medium throws.

Reactions: 10 people

Um, the general consensus around here is that we would definitely lose next week. So thanks for the expert analysis boom-or-spooner. Dang, y'all finally win a meaningful game against a real team last year and now you have a brain attached to that mouth.

Reactions: 5 people
Of course we will take our lumps in Oklahoma, any fool can see that but that doesn't change the fact that UT is beginning to get the roster back to where it needs to be.

Reactions: 1 person
The inability to complete the deep ball. All the "dink dunk" 5 and 10 yard hitches aren't going to continue to work against SEC competition. We are going to have to show a deep ball threat once in a while

That's pretty much what Denver does against NFL competition. It keeps the chains moving and is pretty low risk

Reactions: 2 people

Ya the defense has improved. But damn that o line is pretty bad. Almost where they control the outcome of the season.

And I'm sure if We go into Norman and light your asses up that we'll never see you again am I right?.....Of course I am :yes: I can see that the first part of the Oklahoma idiot invasion has begun.

Ya the defense has improved. But damn that o line is pretty bad. Almost where they control the outcome of the season.

What would you expect from replacing an entirely new offensive line? Even if they had the talent of an NFL team it takes time and experience to be effective and it may very well be that some of them get recruited over in February.

Trolls troll, and unhappy people wallow in despair.

Most of us just enjoy the wins, warts and all notwithstanding. Pardon us for not joining your pity party.

1.) The lack of a successful running game against 2 defensive fronts that we really should have dominated. If we had played LSU and Alabama the last 2 games I wouldn't be as concerned. However we should have had success running the ball against UTU and ASU.

2.) The inability to complete the deep ball. All the "dink dunk" 5 and 10 yard hitches aren't going to continue to work against SEC competition. We are going to have to show a deep ball threat once in a while.

3.) Injuries. 2 games and we have already had 3 serious injuries to key people, one of them season-ending. Attrition is already killing us and we're only 2 games into the season.

4.) Special teams were downright awful today. Another missed field goal, falling for a fake punt, No real return threat on kick off. Inability to kick the ball through end zone.

This is spot on. It's not negativity, it's coherent analysis. Isn't this why these boards exist? Would be awfully boring it was nothing but "GO VOLS", "Yeah, we're the best!"

Butch? that you? because you get "IT"...

VN Store

Back