Field Conditions

goooooovols

livesTrong
SIAP our field looked lousy today! In fact the past several seasons shields-Watkins hasn't been up to par IMO, is it time for field turf?

Reactions: 3 people
I noticed the same thing....it prompted me to say, "What the heck happened to our field?"

I think the power T and checkerboards would look pretty snazzy on turf.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes. It look very faded and dull. Lots of sand visible in spots. Better high school fields around Knoxville. They do need to look into turf.

My high school went from this

1802525-L.jpg

to this

1896957-L.jpg

with the turf addition. TIFWIW

Reactions: 3 people
Artificial turf has come a long way since Neyland had it last. Now its 3 layers. And no concrete. Nfl players love it.

Top Layer: Cryogenic Rubber 2.5" Pile Height: 1388 oz/yd2
Middle Layer: Cryogenic Rubber and Silica Sand Mix 2.25" Pile Height: 1269 oz/yd2
Bottom Layer: Silica Sand 2" Pile Height: 957 oz/yd2

the summer might have been fine, but you've forgotten about the winter

do a survey of golf courses and HS football fields and you'll see several had major grass killoffs

I noticed it as well... I don't want artificial turf of any kind but the field looks like it's already had a season of games played on it. I know they put new sod down earlier this year, it doesn't look like it is has worked out.

the summer might have been fine, but you've forgotten about the winter

do a survey of golf courses and HS football fields and you'll see several had major grass killoffs

You are absolutely correct. Bermuda does not like extreme cold. It wrecks the root system. It looked very spotty on tv...worst I've remembered seeing it, especially this early in the year.

I would be all for some field turf. The newer stuff looks and feels amazing.

VN Store

Back