Von Pearson Injury Update

#27VFL

" Glad it won't my Knee ! 😩"

This was just posted from Von Pearson on his twitter account. It appears he might be out for just a short time but NOT season ending most likely

Reactions: 17 people
Let's just hope it is a sprain. We definitely need him as we now start to play against the big boys.

L.Pearson ‏@FreeKahNature

Everything ok ! Little miner set back for a major comeback. Thanks for the prayers and the support! #ONE

Reactions: 8 people
Yeah much better it's something like a sprain rather than a knee injury. Some nasty stuff can happen when you get rolled up on like that.

Halftime report on another game said it's a severe sprain as he's out until UGA. Don't recall who said it, I was flipping channels

Halftime report on another game said it's a severe sprain as he's out until UGA. Don't recall who said it, I was flipping channels

There's no way we know if he's out until the Georgia game this soon. That might be a good guess but that's all it would be at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see him out past that game to be honest after seeing the replay multiple times.

There's no way we know if he's out until the Georgia game this soon. That might be a good guess but that's all it would be at this point. I wouldn't be surprised to see him out past that game to be honest after seeing the replay multiple times.

? If that's the case, then Darr is completely screwed. His looked much worse on replay.

FROM TOS:

Some positions have players more capable and ready than others. Tennessee doesn't remotely have enough depth along its offensive or defensive fronts, and that will be exposed in the coming weeks. The Vols do have quality depth at both wide receiver and tight end, where they endured nasty-looking injuries to junior college phenom Von Pearson and freshman tight end Ethan Wolf against Arkansas State. Pearson tweeted out it would be a "minor setback," and a couple of different program sources indicated Pearson might not be as seriously injured as initially feared.

Wolf, whom one former Vol player already said looks like he possesses NFL potential, absorbed an even more eye-closing, stomach-churning hit to his knee. But optimistic word inside the Vols' locker room was that Wolf's injury would be only a "knee contusion," and he told UT personnel he was OK when he walked off the field at game's end --- without crutches or ice on the knee.

WHO KNOWS WHAT TO BELIEVE???

Reactions: 4 people
FROM TOS:

Some positions have players more capable and ready than others. Tennessee doesn't remotely have enough depth along its offensive or defensive fronts, and that will be exposed in the coming weeks. The Vols do have quality depth at both wide receiver and tight end, where they endured nasty-looking injuries to junior college phenom Von Pearson and freshman tight end Ethan Wolf against Arkansas State. Pearson tweeted out it would be a "minor setback," and a couple of different program sources indicated Pearson might not be as seriously injured as initially feared.

Wolf, whom one former Vol player already said looks like he possesses NFL potential, absorbed an even more eye-closing, stomach-churning hit to his knee. But optimistic word inside the Vols' locker room was that Wolf's injury would be only a "knee contusion," and he told UT personnel he was OK when he walked off the field at game's end --- without crutches or ice on the knee.

The fact Wolfes knee wasn't wrapped in ice immediately might mean it isn't 'that bad"..

FROM TOS:

Sounds like the best possible news to me, considering how both injuries looked.

Reactions: 2 people
Ive torn my ACL before, no way in hell you just walk off the field after tearing it, without crutches or ice. Hopefully, this means it is just a sprain for Wolfe.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back