The Official Tennessee vs. Arkansas State Game Thread, 12:00pm ET, SEC Network

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 1-0 (0-0 SEC)

460x.jpg

vs.

Arkansas State Red Wolves: 1-0 (0-0 Sun Belt)

1379397.jpg

12:00 PM ET, September 6, 2014
Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN

Weather: 88°F / 69°F/ Precip: 50%
Line: UT -16.5
O/U: 58

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius/XM College Sports Ch. 112/192
Online: Watch ESPN

Reactions: 3 people
Saturday's game (12:01 p.m. kickoff) represents the second all-time meeting between Tennessee and Arkansas State. The Vols won the only previous meeting, a 48-27 decision at Neyland Stadium on Sept. 22, 2007

Tennessee is 7-0 all-time vs. current Sun Belt schools, including a 31-24 win over South Alabama in 2013, the last UT game vs. a Sun Belt team.

Following the Vols' 38-7 win on Sunday, UT improved to 88-24-6 (.771) in season openers all-time, while head coach Butch Jones is now 5-3 in season openers, including 2-0 at Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee defeated Utah State 38-7 on Aug. 31 in front of a sellout crowd at Neyland Stadium, the first sellout in a home opener since 2007 for UT.

UT's victory over Utah State marked its sixth consecutive win in a season opener as well as the 18th opening game win in the last 20 years. The victory was also the 20th consecutive in a home opener.

The win over Utah State marked the 12th consecutive at home vs. a non-conference opponent and the 15th in a row over a non-"Power 5" conference foe since defeating Western Kentucky to begin 2009.

The sellout crowd of 102,455 was the largest for a non-conference game since the last sellout of a home opener, when the Vols beat Southern Mississippi in 2007 before 106,311.

Tennessee played 21 true freshmen in the win over Utah State, a school record for a season opener and the most by any FBS program to date in 2014.

Of the 71 players who saw action on Sunday vs. Utah State, 32 were playing in their first game at Tennessee, meaning 45 percent of the players were appearing in their first game with the Vols.

I started it earlier than I anticipated(midnight), as I may be in a less than stellar condition to post later :)

Last edited:
I just heard on the radio that this game will not be at 12:00 noon on the SEC network and that it will be aired later in the day can anyone confirm or deny this?

I just heard on the radio that this game will not be at 12:00 noon on the SEC network and that it will be aired later in the day can anyone confirm or deny this?

The SEC Network has two channels if your cable service pick both up. There are two 12 noon games...UT v. AKS and Alabama v. FAU.

Check it out with your cable company. :rock:

I'm not sure about your area, but in my area with comcast it is on the SECN secondary channel at 12:00. From my understanding all providers with the SECN have a SECN primary channel and an alternate channel. The difference is the alternate is not in HD.

The listing just says college football Anyone know if it will be on charter basic near Jackson tn? I have a 15 mile drive to watch the game got burned last week don't wont to make that drive for nothing again.

At the guys house he has charter basic but the sec network is scrambled so I missed the whole 1st half drove the 15 miles back home and watched the 2nd half online.
He got a converter box today so we should be able to watch the sec network channel 34 I think but not sure about this 2nd channel business you guys are talking about.

Anyone know what channel for comcast in Memphis?

Also why in the hello is Pearson not returning kicks and punts? Tired of using less quality athletes to do this

At the guys house he has charter basic but the sec network is scrambled so I missed the whole 1st half drove the 15 miles back home and watched the 2nd half online.
He got a converter box today so we should be able to watch the sec network channel 34 I think but not sure about this 2nd channel business you guys are talking about.

If u don't have the sports package u will only have one digital channel for the Sec network

If u don't have the sports package u will only have one digital channel for the Sec network

Thanks for the info, I guess on the one channel I have access to will be showing the bammers play FA, there is no way to know until I get there cause he is old and does not know how to hook up a cable box. I forsee yet another waisted drive in my future. :furious3:

Checking in from Little Elm...sooo?...anybody know any dirty jokes that aren't too racist?

Last edited:
Go Big Orange! Hopefully we come out confident and hyped like we were last week. Could be a tough game if we overlook them... this team is young, but I feel very mature. Go Vols!!!

The listing just says college football Anyone know if it will be on charter basic near Jackson tn? I have a 15 mile drive to watch the game got burned last week don't wont to make that drive for nothing again.
15 miles? As someone who commutes daily from Jackson to Memphis I must request you suck it up and risk wasting 20 minutes of your day man, come on, it's the VOLS?

VN Store

Back