"For entertainment purposes only"

OrangeByBirth

Old time Vol
The current betting lines have Saturday's game as UT -17 and an over/under of 51. Frankly, I'm not thrilled with either position but would lay the 17 and bet the over if forced to make a decision for entertainment purposes only.

GO BIG ORANGE!

I would take the Vols -17. I think under is the way to go. jmo Go Vols

Don't take the Vols -17 (for entertainment purposes) or any other purpose. Over!
We still win!

GO VOLS!

I think with our defense, under is the safe bet. That being said, I'm not yet comfortable with our offense, so I say Ark St. covers.

Don't we always seem to have a letdown when we play two mid-major opponents early? It seems like we always come out subpar against the 2nd one if we thumped the first. Hopefully, it's a new day and we can expect a performance that builds and improves on the previous game, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Don't we always seem to have a letdown when we play two mid-major opponents early? It seems like we always come out subpar against the 2nd one if we thumped the first. Hopefully, it's a new day and we can expect a performance that builds and improves on the previous game, but I wouldn't bet on it.

2013: W 52-20 vs WKU
2012: W 51-13 vs Georgia St.
2011: W 56-42 vs Cincinnati

It's usually our fourth game that we struggle with for whatever reason against dumpy opponents.

The USU game was an easy bet for UT in my mind, but I hate betting on any team when you start getting into the -20 range to cover.

It's usually our fourth game that we struggle with for whatever reason against dumpy opponents.

Think he was talking about consecutive mid major games in the same year.

I'm going to bet the farm on the Vols.
Winning big beats the hell out of entertaining porpoises.

Rain in the foracst. I take the under and not sure we cover but only because of the weather and the passing game being slowed down. Need more time for this o-line to play together.

I entertainingly took the Vols to cover when it was still at 16 didn't touch the over under because we don't know about the O-line especially after losing a starter and if Worley and the receivers are dialed in yet and will be used a great deal or if we try and pound the rock and get Hurd and Lane their touches this week. 51 was just too high when we could win 38-7 again and not cover it.

I also took Mizzou and Navy to cover for those that care.

I think the Vols win but do not cover 17. 51 points is a little high, I'd go with the under.

In reality, I very rarely wager on Tennessee games----too prejudiced to make an unbiased evaluation.

51, it's that the over/under for the home side of the score board? I'll take the over! Haha

In all seriousness I would take Vols to cover and under. GBO!

The current betting lines have Saturday's game as UT -17 and an over/under of 51. Frankly, I'm not thrilled with either position but would lay the 17 and bet the over if forced to make a decision for entertainment purposes only.

GO BIG ORANGE!

A push in both categories would be 34-17 vols.

Which is pretty close to what most expect. I have UT 45-17 so im not far off

You got the Cincinnati score wrong. That game ended 45-23 vols.

VN Store

Back