Butch Jones Tuesday Press Conference Notes

Pointing out the fine details while praising the good things. He will get the job done for sure
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Cool; thanks for the notes I cannot watch video while at work.

Stupid question...what did Coach Jones mean by "didn't like our ball disruptions on defense"?

"didn't like our ball disruptions on defense"?

The DL was shifting their package?.

Reactions: 2 people
Attention to details are the characteristics of really good coaches, as well as players. I CBJ can teach the younger players to have a similar approach to the game, we will be hell to deal with going forward.

Is it just me or is Jones either overselling Hurd or justifying him continuing to get 1st snaps? No idea what Lane did but to get 0 mentions when you had more yardage was a little odd.

Is it just me or is Jones either overselling Hurd or justifying him continuing to get 1st snaps? No idea what Lane did but to get 0 mentions when you had more yardage was a little odd.

The absence of Lane in the first half was perplexing, I thought.

Reactions: 6 people

He was asked specific questions about Jalen Hurd and responded accordingly. I don't think anyone asked about Lane.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe the strategy was to use Hurd early and often to get him seasoned for tougher games coming? Hurd did well for a first game, but a lot of people were looking for more of a Nick Chubb-type intro.

The absence of Lane in the first half was perplexing, I thought.

Lane was in the center of the circle of life with AJ as if he is one of the team leaders. I am trying to tell myself that Butch views Lane as a proven commodity and was getting Jalen as many reps as possible and SEC ready. Otherwise it would have to mean that Hurd is our #1 and Lane is once again 2nd fiddle. Perplexing for sure.

He was asked specific questions about Jalen Hurd and responded accordingly. I don't think anyone asked about Lane.

I only saw Freak's summary so I had no context. Still I have to admit not sure if it's just Hurd being Hurd or if Lane did something but the guy sure seems to be in the doghouse to an extent. We'll need them both.

Hurd generally did a great job picking up blitzers though. They blitzed and switched a lot on us. More than other teams will. We got beat a couple times but that will happen. We were in the right spots.

VN Store

Back