The rest of the month

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
Sunday was incredible, the players and the fans were pumped up and the atmosphere in Neyland was out of this world. Was it just Utah State? Absolutely, but it was a good first win after a long off season and definitely some major pluses to take away from that victory, so how do the remaining three ball games in September play out?

Arky State should be a cruise victory and some more positives and negatives will be able to be taken away heading into Norman against the Sooners. I still look for a pretty bland play book. Just play a simple game and get by to cruise for an ensured noon kickoff victory.

Tennessee will face it's first real test of the year in Norman, we should see the playbook wide open and give some looks that nobody has seen yet. You can call me absolutely crazy or whatever you may need to do but I really do think that if this defense keeps playing inspired and Worley can keep his excellent passing game balanced with a decent 100 yard rushing performance from any of the backs, we could potentially upset No.3 Oklahoma. If that does happen, you talk about major momentum heading into the bye week before we take our travels to Athens.

Georgia was impressive Saturday night against Clemson, there isn't a doubt about that. Let's talk Clemson for a second though, a lot of unknown intangibles and they were okay. I still am not sweating a Georgia team though that looks very incomplete to me. Okay, Todd Gurley and his two amigos run for a massive amount of yardage but they relied heavily on it. The SEC will show 8 or 9 guys in the box and Mason will be forced to throw the football, which isn't good for a guy that did look uncomfortable and shaky. If we can shut down their backs early and force him to throw, look for a lot of mistakes by an unseasoned qb. We pull that off and we walk out of Athens the victor. Georgia surely isn't a giant until they are standing and holding the SEC Championship Trophy in December. I'm just not sold.

Anyways, your thoughts?

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee would have to play lights out to beat OU..It can be done but I wouldn't bet my 401K on it.

Love your enthusiasm, but our biggest problem against the big boys is talented depth and experience. It will unfortunately show late in bigger games. This won't be the case so much next year and in particular 2016.

OU seems way more beatable than UGA, imo. This COULD be UGA's year to win the East IF Richt doesn't choke.

Sunday was incredible, the players and the fans were pumped up and the atmosphere in Neyland was out of this world. Was it just Utah State? Absolutely, but it was a good first win after a long off season and definitely some major pluses to take away from that victory, so how do the remaining three ball games in September play out?

Arky State should be a cruise victory and some more positives and negatives will be able to be taken away heading into Norman against the Sooners. I still look for a pretty bland play book. Just play a simple game and get by to cruise for an ensured noon kickoff victory.

Tennessee will face it's first real test of the year in Norman, we should see the playbook wide open and give some looks that nobody has seen yet. You can call me absolutely crazy or whatever you may need to do but I really do think that if this defense keeps playing inspired and Worley can keep his excellent passing game balanced with a decent 100 yard rushing performance from any of the backs, we could potentially upset No.3 Oklahoma. If that does happen, you talk about major momentum heading into the bye week before we take our travels to Athens.

Georgia was impressive Saturday night against Clemson, there isn't a doubt about that. Let's talk Clemson for a second though, a lot of unknown intangibles and they were okay. I still am not sweating a Georgia team though that looks very incomplete to me. Okay, Todd Gurley and his two amigos run for a massive amount of yardage but they relied heavily on it. The SEC will show 8 or 9 guys in the box and Mason will be forced to throw the football, which isn't good for a guy that did look uncomfortable and shaky. If we can shut down their backs early and force him to throw, look for a lot of mistakes by an unseasoned qb. We pull that off and we walk out of Athens the victor. Georgia surely isn't a giant until they are standing and holding the SEC Championship Trophy in December. I'm just not sold.

Anyways, your thoughts?

I don't want to piss on your rainbow man; however, UGA is strong. UGA's biggest problem the last few years has been defense. In a few years defense will be their strong suit. Their secondary will be very good, and they will recruit even better then they already do. Their offense won't change and they will always have great backs and solid WRs and QBs. In terms of this year, their power offense won't bold well for our thin DL, especially at DT. Unless Jancek pulls some magic and we can win running 2-3 DL fronts a lot, we are going to run out of gas I'm afraid.

If they keep relying heavily on the run, Gurley will get hurt, like season ending hurt. They have to be balanced on offense and balanced isn't even in their vocabulary right now.

I think it depends on which OU team shows up. They are an up and down team. Each of us at our best? I don't think we win, not deep enough.

Georgia is always a toss up. The games are usually close regardless of the rankings.

Last edited:
If they keep relying heavily on the run, Gurley will get hurt, like season ending hurt. They have to be balanced on offense and balanced isn't even in their vocabulary right now.

You can't win the SEC by running the ball 95 percent of the game.

Wut . Mason threw the ball 26 times in the Clemson Game.

They rushed the ball 41 times with 6 different backs.
Gurley - 15 Touches
Marshall / Sony- 6 Touches
Chubb - 4 Touches ( 70 Yds .. )
Hicks - 2 Touches
Mckenzie - 1 Touch

BTW - Bammers do fine with a pro style run game. All you need is a game manager at the QB position to throw off a play action pass every now and then.

Georgia is for real and Oklahoma is a dynamic offense with high caliber players. Both games look like loses. We need to be able to run the ball or we will get blown out by both IMO ..

Reactions: 2 people
Wut . Mason threw the ball 26 times in the Clemson Game.

They rushed the ball 41 times with 6 different backs.
Gurley - 15 Touches
Marshall / Sony- 6 Touches
Chubb - 4 Touches ( 70 Yds .. )
Hicks - 2 Touches
Mckenzie - 1 Touch

BTW - Bammers do fine with a pro style run game. All you need is a game manager at the QB position to throw off a play action pass every now and then.

Georgia is for real and Oklahoma is a dynamic offense with high caliber players. Both games look like loses. We need to be able to run the ball or we will get blown out by both IMO ..

Mason completed 18 of 26 passes for 136 yards, you throw 18 passes and complete them for 136 yards??? If you throw 18 out of 26, it should be up around the 300 number.

I like the optimism but let's pump the brakes for a second. Listen to what you are saying as the rationale for why we beat two of the top ten teams in the nation...

UGA relies too much on their run game? Sure wouldn't you too if you had arguably the best back there since Hershel and a heisman candidate. Not to mention Keith Marshall would start here right now as well as at most other schools.

Instead of trying to stretch for holes in their teams, let's pause and take a look at ours: O-line and QB play (even moreso with gilliam gone for yr). I mean what would your assessment of us be if you weren't a UT fan? i highly doubt you would be scared of our run game or QB play.

I like where your heads at but I don't know if this year is the year we can pull that off. OU and UGA have too many play makers and we just don't have the depth that we need yet. IMO if we keep both games close with no injuries I will be happy. I think we keep it close but lack of depth and inexperience hurts us in the end.

Mason completed 18 of 26 passes for 136 yards, you throw 18 passes and complete them for 136 yards??? If you throw 18 out of 26, it should be up around the 300 number.

again wut ?
Don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Worley went 27 for 38 and still do not have 300 yds .

I like the optimism but let's pump the brakes for a second. Listen to what you are saying as the rationale for why we beat two of the top ten teams in the nation...

UGA relies too much on their run game? Sure wouldn't you too if you had arguably the best back there since Hershel and a heisman candidate. Not to mention Keith Marshall would start here right now as well as at most other schools.

Instead of trying to stretch for holes in their teams, let's pause and take a look at ours: O-line and QB play (even moreso with gilliam gone for yr). I mean what would your assessment of us be if you weren't a UT fan? i highly doubt you would be scared of our run game or QB play.

You compared Todd Gurley to Hershel Walker? Really? After they beat a Clemson team that shouldn't even have been in the top 25. You're just as delusional as all these UGA fans that are already hollering National Title.

They even said it earlier on Atlanta Sports Radio that if Mason doesn't start having 250-300 yard games, it's going to be a long season for Georgia especially when they face fiery defenses such as Florida and Tennessee.

OU is more beatable than UGA, IMO.

To beat either we will have to shut down their running game. We will find out a lot about our defense in these two games. Both teams are similar offensively. Both will rely heavily on running the ball while their passing game develops early in the season.

Both teams present real challenges for our OL as well. I would like to see Worley getting the ball out quickly. If he can get the ball to our playmakers in space we have a chance to score some points.

No offense, but virtually nobody throws for 300 yards on just 18 completions. Hutson Mason was very unimpressive IMO, but he shouldn't have been expected to throw for 300 yds with 18 completions

You compared Todd Gurley to Hershel Walker? Really? After they beat a Clemson team that shouldn't even have been in the top 25. You're just as delusional as all these UGA fans that are already hollering National Title.

I'll agree no one is really comparable to Hershel, especially at the collegiate level but I'm trying to make a point here.

You are saying UGAs problem is that they rely too much on the run and their Qb is essentially a game manager. If that's what you are saying (and hell even if its not), then please address our deficiencies as a team. I'll go ahead and tell you we have a lot more than the Bulldogs.

Agreed, that is probably the dumbest thing they can keep doing.

Yeah totally .

gurley.gif

todd-gurley-ko-ret-td-o.gif

If we had a serviceable OL I'd say we were in good shape. But that's not the case

VN Store

Back