Any updates on Darr?

SobeVol

This was mentioned in another thread but his ankle injury on film looked brutal.
This kid has a great future and we will be counting on him.
Any word on ankle?

I was surprised to see him putting weight on it after watching the replay. He must be flexible as hell. I doubt if he had torn ligaments are anything structurally damaged, he wouldn't have walked off. But I bet it's nasty looking today from a bruising standpoint. Hopefully nothing too serious.

How in the world was that not a roughing the kicker penalty? I hope Darr is alright, because he was booming them on Sunday night!

Last edited:
How in the world was that not a roughing the kicker penalty? I hope Darr is alright, because he was booming them on Sunday might!

I still can't believe the ref missed it. I didn't think the kicker could even be touched unless the ball was hit.

Edit: Also, someone else posted that Butch said Darr was fine.

I didn't listen to the press conference but apparently Butch said he is fine. I'm hoping this means he does not expect him to miss any time. He had a heck of a game against Utah St.

I was surprised to see him putting weight on it after watching the replay. He must be flexible as hell. I doubt if he had torn ligaments are anything structurally damaged, he wouldn't have walked off. But I bet it's nasty looking today from a bruising standpoint. Hopefully nothing too serious.

I had Brostrom surgery on my ankle. It turned just like Darr's did when I was playing basketball. I walked off the court, and it wasn't until the next day that I realized I had a serious issue. It's when you undo the shoes and take off all the socks and braces that the swelling really begins. He could be fine, or he could have a tennis ball size bruise on his outer ankle right now. He'll have great rehab as well which should speed the healing process up. The big problem starts to occur when you have a ankle turned like that and then get it reinjured. That's when you start to have permanent ligament damage. I'd say his sprain was a mild to moderate two ankle sprain, with a 3 being complete ligament tear and a sever 2 being permanent ligament damage.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back