Vols # 1 Defense in SEC after week 1.

Really.. I thought South Carolina would have after that great showing by that cock Steve Spurrier

Reactions: 1 person
USU is good on defense especially against the run but challenged on offense. Stat is beyond meaningless atp.

Given the competition, Georgia and LSU's stats impressed me the most.

I don't disagree. However, I'm a UT fan and always smile when we are at the top of stats, especially considering what our D looked like last year. This is one week of the year that we can enjoy being there. I say enjoy it.

Reactions: 18 people
USU is good on defense especially against the run but challenged on offense. Stat is beyond meaningless atp.

Meaningless is a bit strong. Especially with all the hype of chuckie coming in to the game. Dude is an athlete. Just not on the level that the was put on.

Truth be told. We won't know exactly what we have until Norman.

Reactions: 2 people
Just goes to show how important it is to get the defense off the field after 3rd down and not let drives build on you. We had the least amount of plays ran on defense and with arky st this Saturday that number should be close to or about the same so hopefully the d can be well rested for that "red" team in Norman.

It's utah state.

True, but keep in mind, some other SEC teams played creamier puffs than us. Missouri played South Dakota State, Kentucky played UT Martin, Vandy played Temple, and Mississippi State played Southern Miss.

Reactions: 7 people
You sure that includes Vandy? :crazy: I thought their tune-up game with temple would have proved their defense was hands down the best we'll see all year! :dance2:_

Yes and no. MSU's D was expected to be good and they gave up more to So Miss. USU is better than Temple, SDSU, UTM, and possibly BSU. At a minimum, USU isn't 150 yds worse than Boise.

Comparing UT's results to the level we think they're at... UT compares well. Better than Mizzou, Ole Miss, USCe, UK, Vandy....

True, but keep in mind, some other SEC teams played creamier puffs than us. Missouri played South Dakota State, Kentucky played UT Martin, Vandy played Temple, and Mississippi State played Southern Miss.

"Creamier puffs", made me laugh.

Given the competition, Georgia and LSU's stats impressed me the most.

I'm still not convinced that Georgia's defense is good. This is a Clemson team that just lost a QB, 2 WRs, OL to the draft, replacing a lot of key players on offense. I can see that Georgia's offense is definitely going to be good, no doubt about that. But like I said, I'm still in a wait-and-see with Georgia's defense.
It doesn't matter if you put 50 on the board if the opponent puts 51, as we saw with the 2012 Vols.

VN Store

Back