UT Vols #29 on CFN Week One Rankings

Vandy at 81. :)

Arkansas State at 104.

Utah State at 67.

Scout.com: 2014 CFN Rankings - Week One

It's not an official coaches poll, but nice to see we're just outside the top 25 and gaining momentum someplace other than VolNation.

Must be an ESPN poll since they hate us so much. We beat a team (easily) that many has us to lose to and still didn't crack a poll. Go figure!

Seeing Vandy at #81 makes my heart happy

Right there with you PTR. It is nice to see that Vandy has resumed their normal and rightful place, way down toward the bottom.

Noticed you are from Kingsport. I was born, raised, and live just across the Kingsport line now in Mount Carmel.

Vandy looked awful against a temple team that is literally the youngest team in the country. They may go 2-10.

Must be an ESPN poll since they hate us so much. We beat a team (easily) that many has us to lose to and still didn't crack a poll. Go figure!

Unfortunately looking at our schedule we are probably still destined to be a 4-5 loss team. Some weaker teams in weaker conferences will get pushed ahead of us due to their projected finish. Think this gets in the mind of the voters.

I say after Arky State and IF we do not roll over and make it competitive against Oklahoma we may get inside top 25.

Beat Florida next game, then YES ranked inside top 25 for sure.

Patience.

Mentioning Florida I was glad to see that they missed their first game. We would not know really anything about them had they played anyway since their opponent had only won one game all last year.

Did you notice we play #1, #4, #7, #18, #19, #21 and #28? I don't want to pee in everyone's Cheerios, but 7-5 would be cause for true celebration.

My point is that we should temper our enthusiasm with a tiny reality check.

Just sayin.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back