Drum line hype session

Aerie Vol

Epic!

Team circling the drummers while high-fiving each other then going completely nuts in the middle.

The Aggies must have been searching for some clean pants after that.

My son (in the Pride) said the new director and Butch have been secretly working that one up for weeks now.

Thoughts on this new tradition?

AV

Reactions: 12 people
LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!!

Also loved the band members in the band section forming the T while the others were on the field. That was cool as hell. I think it was halftime maybe?

Reactions: 5 people
LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!!

Also loved the band members in the band section forming the T while the others were on the field. That was cool as hell. I think it was halftime maybe?

Alternates used to always do that when the band was on the field. I think it's more noticeable because there are quite a few more this year than when I was a member.

Reactions: 1 person
Alternates used to always do that when the band was on the field. I think it's more noticeable because there are quite a few more this year than when I was a member.

I've only been going to every game for the last eight years. Must've been before my time cause I never noticed it before.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't ever remember seeing the T. Guess I just didn't notice.

It was a sad excuse of a T my sophomore year with maybe 6 people when membership was super low. They had made changes to the drill to accommodate for it throughout the year.

LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!!

Was during pre-game, not halftime. Pre-game has "X" number of spots, always has, always will. When the band has greater than X members, you have to earn your way onto the field during pre-game or you get to sit in the stands (forming a sweet power T) and watch.

Halftime shows have more flexibility as far as how many can be placed in the formations. You're less likely to see idle Pride members during halftime.

AV

It was a sad excuse of a T my sophomore year with maybe 6 people when membership was super low. They had made changes to the drill to accommodate for it throughout the year.

Was during pre-game, not halftime. Pre-game has "X" number of spots, always has, always will. When the band has greater than X members, you have to earn your way onto the field during pre-game or you get to sit in the stands (forming a sweet power T) and watch.

Halftime shows have more flexibility as far as how many can be placed in the formations. You're less likely to see idle Pride members during halftime.

AV

Thanks y'all! Makes perfect sense.

Did Utah State bring a band? If not (I wasn't there), then probably that.

No USU band, and it was a short halftime show. When the announcer introduced the closing song, I was like, "What?"

Like 10 minutes of commercials followed...it seemed weird.

That is the best "circle drill" I have seen. Seemingly spontaneous, it had the appearance of pure enthusiasm and fun.

It reminded me a bit of the Kiwi tradition of Haka.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eGCsEQ15L4[/youtube]

Last edited:

VN Store

Back