Arkansas State/Montana State Highlights

I agree on the QB. That could haunt us during the game.

Just like Keeton right? Sheesh. This game should not be close. Our D is NOT Montana State. We are much faster and more physical. Their QB looked good against a scrub team. If Arky State stays within 17-21 points then I will be shocked.

would agree in most years, but our tackling and lack of missed tackles by our back 7, has me feeling pretty darn good right now! :hi:

It was odd to see guys going down so quick. A little like the old school Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
They got some speed and they could keep it close for a half but in the end we should cruise and win by 2 or 3 Tds

For the first time in years I am confident in our defensive speed.

That was my biggest take away from the game.. Our D was dominate.. I feel like the coaches were playing around with some personel packages in the second half, and that contributed to their lone score.

It's going to be similar to what I expected with Utah State, which was 34-14. I think this game will be 35 or 38 to 14 in favor of our beloved Vols.

Are their RB's that fast or was it Montana State creating the illusion? Regardless, UT shouldn't have any issues on Sat.

Are their RB's that fast or was it Montana State creating the illusion? Regardless, UT shouldn't have any issues on Sat.

One of their backs looked really quick but I don't think our back seven will have any problem with him

As long as the guys stay disciplined, they should have no problems on Saturday. The key is not to look past Saturday. Arkansas St. does not need to be taken for granted.

I agree on the QB. That could haunt us during the game.

I doubt it. Their game was 16-10 late in the 3rd Quarter, so it was obvious that Montana State (an FCS team that finished 7-5 in FCS play last year) had some success stopping him throughout the first 2 1/2 quarters of the game. He may make a play or two, but I don't see him having sustained success against our defense. My bet is that Tennessee wins 42-17 with the Vols leading 35-3 at halftime; 42-3 heading into the fourth quarter; and then giving up a couple of meaningless touchdowns late.

That was my biggest take away from the game.. Our D was dominate.. I feel like the coaches were playing around with some personel packages in the second half, and that contributed to their lone score.

NO,there lone score falls directly on Coleman.Why is he in the game as a corner back.Thought he was gonna be a nickle only.

I watched the whole game. They are terrible. Offensively, they have a touch more speed at running back, their receivers are decidedly average, and their QB is worse than Keeton. Their O line looked about as bad against Montana State as Utah State's did against us.

Defensively they are incredibly slow. Montana State made plays all day, they just couldn't be consistent enough to score.

Utah State was a much better team defensively and fairly equal on offense. Vols roll easily.

100-0 Vawls! JK but we gonna kick them to the curb like Jack Black kicked Ron Burgandy's dog Baxter off the bridge.

their DL front goes 224lbs, 252lbs, 268lbs and 284lbs....Linebackers like 214lbs, 225lbs and the husky/NB 196lbs....front 7 averages about 237lbs compared to USUs 260lbs. I imagine Jones will make it a point to run the ball better and i think we will do it.

Last edited:
their DL front goes 224lbs, 252lbs, 268lbs and 284lbs....Linebackers like 214lbs, 225lbs and the husky/NB 196lbs....front 7 averages about 237lbs compared to USUs 260lbs. I imagine Jones will make it a point to run the ball better and i think we will do it.

That's light

VN Store

Back