247Sports SEC power rankings

barney

SEC Power rankings

Tennessee is ranked #2 in the east after this week and took the top team in our division to overtime last year. It feels good to get some recognition after everyone was so down on us in the preseason.

Reactions: 3 people
It would be nice to finish 2nd in the east!

Yeah someone posted this last night. I would say to all of my fellow Vol fans to remain focussed on what this season is about. Definitely hard to see how we stack up in the East with still so many unknowns. Still haven't seen Florida play and SC could have just had an off game. I feel much better after last night but just remember that Butch is still laying that foundation.

Reactions: 8 people
Yeah, we still have a long way to go but I'm much more confident that we can get to 6 or 7 wins with the SEC east in the state that it is in this year.

Reactions: 3 people
Think UF will be better this year after their 17 player injury list last year. UGA is much better with a healthy RB. We might play better, but it might not show in the W/L total a lot. Some of our posters had us winning the east last year after the APU win!

Reactions: 2 people
Don't believe the (what minuscule amount there actually is of) Hype!!!

I'm just glad to see Vandy back where they belong, at the bottom.

Is their new slogan Anchor Frown or Anchor Clown?

SEC Power rankings

Tennessee is ranked #2 in the east after this week and took the top team in our division to overtime last year. It feels good to get some recognition after everyone was so down on us in the preseason.

Yeah, but they didn't have Gurley, Marshall and now Chubb. Although I believe their defense is suspect

Yeah someone posted this last night. I would say to all of my fellow Vol fans to remain focussed on what this season is about. Definitely hard to see how we stack up in the East with still so many unknowns. Still haven't seen Florida play and SC could have just had an off game. I feel much better after last night but just remember that Butch is still laying that foundation.

The hell you say....we're going 12-0 baby. Hope Winston has them crab legs ready to run because we're gonna beat FSU in the title game this season. Wooo

Reactions: 1 person
I'd have a different order for the top 4, and I'd have us at 6 rather than 8. That could be bias, obviously it probably is, but I don't think we should really be behind Ole Miss or Miss State. That said, I didn't watch the Miss State game closely, so they could by all means be ahead of us, but I don't think Ole Miss should be.

If it were me, it'd be
1. Tamu
2. Georgia
3. Auburn
4. Bama
5. LSU
6. UT

I could be buying into A&M hype, but I find it hard the believe USCe is down enough to get beat like that by an only decent Tamu.

Anyway, just my two cents, for anyone that wants to pretend to care.

This ranking is meaningless until after the game in Norman. We then will see how good we really are.

If you take Florida out of the equation, I agree with 2nd above USCjr at the moment.

That being said, I can see Florida being as good as the best in the east and as bad as 5th ahead of Kentucky & Vandy. Complete unknown.

Yeah, but they didn't have Gurley, Marshall and now Chubb. Although I believe their defense is suspect
I totally agree with this poster. Gurley is their offense. GA's new DC made great adjustments at the half but Clemson played right along with them the first half showing their D is very suspect since Clemson lost about 80% of their offense due to graduation. The question for the dawgs is can Hurley be effective the whole season as beat up as he is going to be? If USCjr comes in to their game to rebound and plays defense Gurley may not make it out in one piece. Time will tell, if he makes it through the season playing as he did Saturday hard to keep him away from the trophy.

Last edited:
Absolutely correct .
I expect to see improvement both on the field and in our record.
The vols are still however a work in progress as we continue assembling the athletes we need to compete at the highest level as well as allowing sufficient time for training and player development.
I pray the wheels don't fall off the fan bus after we suffer a few EXPECTED losses .
We need to stay rallied behind the team, not personally attack coaches and players which is completely counterproductive, and maintain focus on building a championship caliber team. I truly believe we are on the right course.

The West is just loaded. Think Bielema wakes up everyday wishing he were still in Madison?

VN Store

Back