What Other Message Boards Are Saying: Arkansas State Edition

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
-A surprising number of their fans think they pull this one out. They reference the S. Alabama game a lot. I seem to read a lot of "USA had the game won..." don't ask me how they reached that conclusion.

-Aside from those thinking Arky State wins, general score predictions have Tennessee winning, but by 7 or less

-A lot of "Tennessee will narrowly escape us" kind of discussions. I did read the phrase "Tennessee may STEAL a win here"

-Side note: oddly enough, these guys really follow recruiting. I was very surprised at how much of their boards consists of recruiting talk, and this was the same across a few different sites.

-They seem to think this game could be decided by one play/call. Exact quote:
5) X factors, there will be something that will be a pivotal moment in the game that could swing either way. It may be an official's call, or a freak play, or an injury, but if an upset is going to happen, there's usually one or two that go the underdog's way.

-They are not impressed with our Utah State win. They believe they will do the same thing to Utah State, although the trend of how many think they will win against UT seems to be swinging towards a loss for them since we routed USU.

-I couldn't help but laugh. They said they can't let 102,000 disrupt their offense. Fortunately for them, I doubt 102,000 will be at this game.

-There was some talk regarding Tennessee trolls and to watch out for them (based on USU's board), one poster finally stepped in and said USU's fans basically stirred the hornets nest with us and that's why it looks like we were trolling a lot worse than we were.

-They are now downplaying USU a lot. I've seen them referred to as the "4th best team in the MWC" as a way of saying our win was not very impressive.

-To rehash, the same thing keeps being said across all their boards: "South Alabama"....."Troy"...... "South Alabama should have won".... "Troy should have won"...... etc.

-Found a great case of little-man syndrome from one of their posters "quoting" Tennessee fans
"We should win because we are SEC, being in the SEC means the greatest coaches and players. Your players in your tiny little stadium can't cope with our 100,000 screaming fans. Any talk about other Sunny Belt schools playing us close was based on the game being their Super Bowl and you don't realize how the other coaches of the past messed things up before we got our great coach."

-Again, had to laugh. They had a couple of posters considering that maybe we had the playbook closed against USU so that we could surprise them. I agree we kept the playbook a bit vanilla..... but I don't think it was for Arkansas State.....

-Showing a LOT of respect for Butch Jones. They all seem think he is a very elite coach.

-As with the other smaller teams we play, they are looking to one or two playmakers to be game-changers and painful thorns in our side. Apparently some guy named "Knighten" will "bring our defense back down to Earth."

-Honestly, I like their fanbase a lot more than I liked USU's. They seem much more humble and the more reasonable posters among them think the 17 point spread is probably accurate. They have a thread on one of their message boards called "Welcome Tennessee fans" inviting discussion which I thought showed class.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28 people
I really enjoy reading these, thanks for taking the time to do it.

Reactions: 13 people
They really want to leave previous years alone (especially ones coached by Dooley) or else we might bring up Memphis, W Kentucky and possibly GA State.

Reactions: 6 people
Arkansas is in a long standing rivalry with West Virginia to have the smallest gene pool. Arkansas State is the genetic cesspool.

I'he been unable to locate an active Arkansas State message board. Could someone point me in the right direction? I don't know much about them and would like to see what they're saying.

Chatt, you should make Sun (or in this case Mon) a follow up day on the previous opponent. I'm curious what the USU fans are saying after that trouncing last night.

Reactions: 2 people
Let them have their dream. Just fans being fans..

Exactly! Let them dream they'll win the game all week. Then reality will set in on Saturday.
So freaking childish for some people to go to their website and "set em straight".
Damn, we are all fans! Realistically we won't beat Bama or OK. But I guarantee some on here will be saying that we have a chance to beat Bama and OK. Kind of like the Arky St guys are saying about us.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back